Loops loops loops

Do you want more loop edits, more interesting structures and more chopped up breaks?

• Yes, I want more edits, more chopped up breaks and more variation!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't want more variation and loops edits.

• Well, perhaps it might be a good idea, however, I'm not sure about it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spectraz

I think that loops are getting more and more repetitive in general. Where are all the edits? Loops that run along forever without edits tends to get uninteresting quite quick don’t you think?

Consider this, that producers do small edits within rolling loops instead of complex break/beat edits... What do you have to say about that? A sound between ”complex” and ”repetetive and rolling” (don’t look at this as a ”good” or ”bad” difference!)

Some people want mad edits in some of the new tunes, however, would they be satisfied if producers did smaller edits within the actual loops, and keep the rolling-repetitive-feeling? There’s clearly two divided groups here.

I have to say that I think it would be interesting if producers could do smaller edits without messing up a easy-to-dance-to-vibe with complex break/beat edits. At least in a lot of new tunes in general at present. Thus creating a link between ”complex” and ”repetitive and rolling”.

Another thing I have to ask you. Can wicked fx and soundscapes ”make up” for a repetitive beat/loop?

Ahh this thread again. Yes its true, DnB has more in common with minimal techno then jungle. Its a sad sad thing that will hopefully end soon. Its all about crazy 1992 breaks with 1993 edits.:cool:

I voted for more variation, but I don't mind either way :)

I think the time for change will come soon enough!

what kind of fucked up options are those?

a) i want more good variations and loop edits!
b) i dont know if i want good variations
c) i dont like good music.

OF COURSE everyone wants GOOD variations! and if anyone can come up with really wicked break edits please do! what we dont want is wack edits and stupid breakworks. And there is pleeeenty of that around.

i dont like raw breaks. Maybe occasionally but the retro oldskool thing isnt for me.

logikz said:
i dont like raw breaks. Maybe occasionally but the retro oldskool thing isnt for me.

I'm so tempted to just go off on any post that says "I don't like the foundation of jungle, I only like the two-step beats and no-u-turn sounds". But I'm wise enough to know that a conversation/flamewar like that won't get me anywhere, if anything it will even make me look like the bad guy which is never good.

Anyway I will say that it saddens me to see someone who can't get into what jungle is suppose to be and what it was in the first place. Jungle is not suppose to sound like the latest Subtitles record nor is it suppose to sound like No-U-Turn's Torque LP to me. Its suppose to me mind blowing like Krome & Time's "The Slammer" and hypnotic like Foul Play's "Survival". I wish more people thought like me. Heck I wish I had the means to make and release the jungle that I want to hear, Total Science is very lucky that they can do this.

it saddens you that i dont think like you?
i dont get what jungles 'supposed' to be?
man, what the FUCK are you on about???
you dont decide what anythings 'supposed' to be and it annoys me that i have to tell you that.

my point was thats a leading question. the real question is
do you like raw breaks in tunes?
a) yes
b) no

my answer is no. and wether i know the foundation of jungle or not is completely irrelevant.

what he asked is the same as asking 'do you like jungle or shite music?' and such a poll will be biased.

its nice that you have an high opinion about yourself. Im not knocking that.
Youre not 'wise enough' to keep that to yourself tho.

I like the kind of drum pattern when its one style for 8 beats then a totaly junglistsic hectic style beat for teh otehr 8 and they keep swapping over and over during the tune. i love that...

Am i right in thinkin its Danny C who does that alot?

who cares???

Tune or Not!!
Thats the question, not how was it done or did he chopped up the beat...its all abóut the Vibe...or am I wrong :)

I loved the crazy amen choppage of yesteryear, but todays editstep is a little minimal on the b-lines, and can be difficult to mix, we need a compromise. Hopefully more producers will start to change the beats up a bit, there are some put a lot of effort and variety in to their tunes and it is definately worth it. It gives a tune so much more character, and individuality and is something I really want to pay a lot of attention to when I start producing.

That said I do like a well done 2 step tune if the rest of it keeps you entertained. You can get away with some simple variations if the b-line, samples, leads/pads and vocals are more dominant and innovative.

This thread was originally posted in March 2002 by the way.

Back
Top Bottom