Loopmasters pricing structure

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Just a quick one guys, I'm looking at expanding my sample library and have heard a few that have captured my attention on the loop masters site.

Anyway, I'd like to gauge your opinions on the pricing of sample packs. I'm seeing some at £15, and as much as £45! Where would you draw the line? What is too much of an asking price for a sample pack?

Discuss?

depends on the content, some packs are all Killer, some all Filler, the June Miller pack was worth every penny of £30.00 imo, same with the Shogun Audio pack, I think its good to have a listen to them and get other peoples opinions before spending money. Ill be perfectly honest and say I dont normally buy packs because I am just too skint, and find them easy enough to find on the net in other ways (we all do it...) but lately I've been forking out if its worth me digging into my wallet.

My first purchase from loopmaster was a cd pack. They were doing a special offer of 3cd at price of two on 2006.
It was the "Percussionism", "Electro Breaks" and something else.. I don't remember exactly right now, but I often use them still. Especially the percussion one is an oldie but goldie of my collection. I always look on it when I need perc hits or loops.
Later on, I bought some dubstep 1, dubstep 2 packs.
The "Movie dialogs 1 & 2", "Danny Byrd", "Drumsound and Bassline Smith" dnb packs, And many others packs.

I always have paid for them, because I believe that people behind those kind of packs they put effort and huge work to edit and create even sampler patches, therefore, artistes, producers, sound designers etc. they must be paid for theire work.

The quality of the samples are often excellent, obviously I recommend to buy the WAV version if u purchase.
There are also presets with already patched samples from the pack, ready to be played with midi keyboard, for most popular samplers like NN-XT, Kontakt and others.

They are good sample packs. But still, check the previews before any purchase and read all the specs.

That's my words! ;)

Last edited:
Yeahh check the previews and maybe ask me before buying so I can check the pack out and tell you if it's good. I'm a big fan of the Thomas Penton Essential series for drum hits. Great pack full of single hits! Alse the High Ranking Glitch Hop pack sounds nice, the June Miller and the Shogun packs are amazing too! I'm now working on some sample packs who are maybe going to be released on Loopmasters if they are good enough.

Also I've still got my 10% discount code for Loopmasters for all my viewers to use when purchasing a pack, you can all find it in my tutorial videos on my Youtube channel.. :D

All loopmasters stuff gets pirated, sod paying them for a sample CD that everyone else has! They are also a vile company if you have to deal with any issues! Will never buy any of their products, no matter how good they are, I'll always pirate their stuff from now on.

All loopmasters stuff gets pirated, sod paying them for a sample CD that everyone else has! They are also a vile company if you have to deal with any issues! Will never buy any of their products, no matter how good they are, I'll always pirate their stuff from now on.

Vile? I've always had great success with them. Before I used Logic, I bought a pack that had .wav samples instead of .aiff (Apple Loops). When I moved to Logic, I contacted Loopmasters to see if I could get Apple Loops versions of my WAV sample packs, and much to my surprise, they said no problem and hooked all my sample packs that weren't .aiff so I could make the most of Apple Loops. They didn't have to, but they did without any issue or cost. Any concern I've had, they've responded within 24 hours.

Always pirate their stuff? THough I'm sure they take a percentage of sales, it's not really "their" stuff as most of the time Loopmasters is distributing it on behalf of an artist/producer. More often then not, these sample packs are available at other sample sites like ProducerLoops.com. So rather than steal because you don't like the particular company, consider purchasing them from another distributor that you find less vile.

To add, have you not seen some of the pros who have graced this board? June Miller, most recently, was kind enough to come on this forum to obtain our input on what we'd like in their sample pack (available now). It's a bit of a slap in the face to these guys if they're viewing the forum and read about people stealing their shit that they spent many hours crafting for others to use.

Cheers.

i agree with lostnthesound. I bought the june miller one today, as an abelton format. decided i wanted the wavs aswell, for no other reason than wanting them. Sent an email asking for the wav link, got a reply in 15 minutes setting it up for me. To be fair, i am in the process of writing a complaint about the vile service i received. It was my first purchase and i will be going back for more! on another note, the june miller pack is unreal

I bought the june miller one today, as an abelton format. decided i wanted the wavs aswell, for no other reason than wanting them. Sent an email asking for the wav link, got a reply in 15 minutes setting it up for me. the june miller pack is unreal

I'm about to buy the Live pack as well... Please, let me know if it worth the price? Quick review?

Yeah you're a bit of a bellend.

have you not seen some of the pros who have graced this board? June Miller, most recently, was kind enough to come on this forum to obtain our input on what we'd like in their sample pack (available now). It's a bit of a slap in the face to these guys if they're viewing the forum and read about people stealing their shit that they spent many hours crafting for others to use.
:word:
What happened to a thing called respect? Seems to be a lost quality these days.

I'm about to buy the Live pack as well... Please, let me know if it worth the price? Quick review?

While I can't speak for the Live pack, the wav/aiff loops, samples, hits, etc. are inspirational and full of sonic possibilities. And the bass sounds/samples/loops are quite amazing. They've set the bar quite high and seem to have taken a lot of our feedback into account.

Cheers.

unfortunately i couldnt get the live pack to work (my abletons not updated, and with a computer as tempromental as mine im not willing to risk an update!). thats why i got the wavs. if i were to review it, id say the following:
- Drums and perscussion hits: Really fucking good. kicks are strong, snares are snappy and the hats are really crisp. the kind of samples that dont need layering, but equally sound fat if they are
- Atmospheres: really varied, theres piano loops, plucked string loops, crunchier loops, litrally something for everyones taste. most of them are riddled with effects which make them sound really.....atmospheric. there a good length too so can be chopped up and rearranged in 1000 different ways
- One shot bass's : really heavy, all i can say really. not played with them yet but theres potential for sure
- Bass loops: these truely are spectacular. theres a nice sub, a few snapcase esq ones, a lot of crunchy ones, all really really good
- Drum loops: really well put together, i dont normally use loops, but i think a few of these will have to be subtley added. there quality

thats all i can be assed to write, im still learning the whole production thing so i imagine im only touching the tip of the ice berg with these badboys. All i can say is, if you like techy dnb, youl like this pack.

Yeah, just downloaded and installed...
The basslines are freaking awesome!
Drums... so so... but a good small collection of drum kits to re-edit and re-layer! ;)

and with the ARTFX coupon, I got £3 discount! I'll say that this pack worth the purchase!

Hahaa yeah I saw it in my discount stats! ^^ I'm going to work on some packs myself too in the near future. So for anybody of you who's searching for some particular samples just shout, I might include some.

when you release your first track i look forward to uploading it to dnbshare :rslayer:

Hahaa yeah I saw it in my discount stats! ^^ I'm going to work on some packs myself too in the near future. So for anybody of you who's searching for some particular samples just shout, I might include some.

some nice bladerunner-esque jungle-ish stuff would be good

Lostinsound, I agree completely with you on the piracy of artists, but I was not directly meaning artists, Loopmasters sell packs that are just Loopmasters own, and are nothing to do with any specific producer, such as June Miller.

I have had an issue with Loopmasters in the past, but I obviously not everyone's experience with every company is the same.

I do not have any pirated artist packs from loopmasters, in fact I've not had any of their packs in a while, but I wouldn't line their pockets anymore. I'd happily buy from artists direct, People like June Miller have enough exposure to be able to do direct sales. I think this is where artists should go, direct sales, cut out the middleman, and pass on some of the cost saving to the consumer.

Anyway, don't want to start a piracy debate!

- - - Updated - - -

when you release your first track i look forward to uploading it to dnbshare :rslayer:

Yeah baby, the more exposure the better! Very kind of you! :)

Just compare the time you would need to produce or get together a good source,
so you can just concentrate on making tracks, with the price of a pack.

Next is what you look for, is it a pack which dedicates a specific style, mostly construction kits, or a
pack with all the freedom you need to develop your own style, full with diverse samples, instead
dozens of pre made variations with the same sample, you could easily do on your own by chopping ?

Sample packs are not expensive nowadys, but it still hurts when spending money for something you
know afterwards you will not use it, and can't be refunded !

Imo all the sample pack company's should offer a refund warranty ! It's nothing worser than having
an customer who is not happy with his purchase !

Back
Top Bottom