Looking to start producing.

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
Now I'm sure this question has been asked several times before, but I did a quick search and couldn't find a definative answer, but anyway, I wanted to know which software to use?

bare in mind that I have next to no knowledge of music production software.

Fuck off back to the waffle section armed! We dont need you kind round here, lowering the standards! ;)

But seriously, if you wanna get into production, you gotta realise that it's a very long learning process, nothing is gonna sound good for ages! As far as software goes, your best bet is to download the demo's of the various DAW's and see which one you feel most comfortable with, there's loads to choose from FL Studio, Ableton, Reason, Logic, Cubase etc etc. all with demo's. Once you get them, look up tutorials on youtube, ask around this forum (Believe it or not there are lots of us on this side of the forum that help others out lol)

I personally use Ableton, and love it. I used to use FL Studio before making the switch a few months back, so if you end up with either of them give me a shout and I'll try and help you where I can.

there has been at least 5 threads exactly like this in the last 6 months, u wont get a definitive answer, but u will find all the answers that are about to get posted below...again... *sigh*

anyways, Ableton.

don't think it matters tbh, have a quick go on each/any of the obvious ones (logic, cubase, fl, reason, sonar etc). Pick whichever one you seem to like and just stick with it. You can make good tunes with any of these as long as you get to know the ins and outs of the software.

i like reason
dont have a reason tho
see what i did there

ill get my coat

nothing is gonna sound good for ages!

have you seen this quote that's making the rounds right now? although most of this have just learned this the hard way :lol:

Picture-5.png

I very much respect the production skills of everyone whose posted in this thread so far. However, don't listen to any of them! All you need to start producing is a tape recorder with an overdub function! For drums get out your parents pots and pans, for basslines record yourself farting in the bath tub, for synth lines record a friends cat in heat. Brap brap, instant tuna!

:teeth:

In all seriousness though, give a try all the programs that have demos and you'll find the one that works for you. As for instrument and effect plugs, there are popular ones but you really can get by with free ones too. Watch producer masterclasses and read interviews, once you learn the basics things get loads easier!

doesnt reaally matter what program you use mate, i would say if you know anybody who produces, get them to show you how to use their program! nothing beats a first hand tutorial!

Back
Top Bottom