Looking to start producing, which should I get?

Heavy_Boab

Fuel Unjected SPAM!
I'm looking to start producing ma own tunes, but stuck between which software I should get. It's basically a toss up between cubase and reason, if you guys have had any experiance with these your input would be great!

CHEERS
:D

M8 its like sayin 'what coke should i drink?, coca cola or pepsi'

its entirely down to what u prefer!

i started off on fruity loops and then moved to cubase coz i had more control over audio on it but i believe fruity is different now (this was like 4 years ago).

I didnt like Reason when i tried it so i didnt use that. Ive also used Pro Tools & Nuendo but all in all i prefer cubase coz i know how to use it best!

i have been using reason for nearly a year and i think it is great for begginers, you can get lots of ideas down quickly, and it has a pretty friendly interface.

however you cant use any vsts and there are limitations with control over sounds.

cubase is the industry standard daw and you can do pretty much anything you like in there, but i use it at uni and don't really like it.

im thinking in the next couple of months i will probably move onto ableton live

(y)

i learnt to produce on reason at home and found it wikid for me as a beginer, but i was also using cubase at skool for music tech and bought myself a copy of cubase studio 4 for home. I still use reason from time to time cos it does offer loads of wikid sounds and fx and loadsa instruments. but for a top quality DAW u want cubase or one of the other big name products on the market cos reason is good but also limited, tho i havnt used reason 4 yet. I rekon u shud get reason first of all, play around with it get used to it, then move onto cubase or woteva after u feel confortable enuff to no wot ur doing on reason, and besides u can use both of em together anyway so its not gona be a waste of money to egt both!

I'm looking to start producing ma own tunes, but stuck between which software I should get. It's basically a toss up between cubase and reason, if you guys have had any experiance with these your input would be great!

CHEERS
:D

check your messages mate.

Back
Top Bottom