Looking to buy a CD deck..

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Ok, been thinking about buying a cd deck for a while now and thought i best find out some info first seeing as i dont knowmuch about them and how they work and everything so got a few questions..

1. Can you put more than 1 song on a cd to mix?
2. How the fuck do use it?! Does it have a platter?
3. Is there a standard CD deck? (i.e technics 1210 for decks)
4. How to you get full mp3's to put on a disc?
5. Are they any good?!?!

Thats basically it i think..

I know i sound like a noob lol, but thought best place 2 find out what i wanna know is in the forum! Cos i dont wanna buy one and be dissapointed with it lol..

Bigupz

5. Are they any good?!?!

Easy man,
1. Yes. Depending on the length of your tracks, you can put a fair few on there. I can fit about 15 of our tracks on a CD.
2. Certain one's do have a platter/jog wheel that kind of emulate of how a vinyl would be ie you can scratch on them. You have a Cue button and a play button. The cue helps you to match the beats before you actually drop the tune.
3. The top range Pioneers are pretty decent, but very expensive.
4. Buy them from trackitdown or beatport. Don't download illegally! Go legit!! You're helping the scene rather than hindering it.
5. Depends on what one's you are using. I have used some pretty good ones and some god-awful ones.

Theres also a thread in the general section titled CDJ's for under £250. Check that out for a bit more of an insight. Hope this helps mate.

Easy man,
1. Yes. Depending on the length of your tracks, you can put a fair few on there. I can fit about 15 of our tracks on a CD.
2. Certain one's do have a platter/jog wheel that kind of emulate of how a vinyl would be ie you can scratch on them. You have a Cue button and a play button. The cue helps you to match the beats before you actually drop the tune.
3. The top range Pioneers are pretty decent, but very expensive.
4. Buy them from trackitdown or beatport. Don't download illegally! Go legit!! You're helping the scene rather than hindering it.
5. Depends on what one's you are using. I have used some pretty good ones and some god-awful ones.

Theres also a thread in the general section titled CDJ's for under £250. Check that out for a bit more of an insight. Hope this helps mate.

Wicked mate thanks alot for that!!

And about number 4.. I know that mate, keep the scene alive!
Bigupz

5. Are they any good?!?!

5. I mix soley with CDJ's and I reckon they are the business, if you are used to vinyl you will dispute this, but i think it's just what you started on or are used to.

The thing is... as $marty said.. you need to spend reasonable money to get a reasonable deck. I use 2x Pioneer 800's and I think they do the job well but my mate has a pair of Numarks which I can barely mix on.

Although, the Numark Axis 900's are the best value for money throughout the range and can still do alot of what the Pioneer CDJ's also do.

Hope thats of some help..

Last edited:
5. I mix soley with CDJ's and I reckon they are the business, if you are used to vinyl you will dispute this, but i think it's just what you started on or are used to.

The thing is... as $marty said.. you need to spend reasonable money to get a reasonable deck. I use 2x Pioneer 800's and I think they do the job well but my mate has a pair of Numarks which I can barely mix on.

Although, the Numark Axis 900's are the best value for money throughout the range and can still do alot of what the Pioneer CDJ's also do.

Hope thats of some help..

i'd reccomend get some cd decks that don't do all the work for you then. orrrrrrrrrrr, learn2mix.

i'd reccomend get some cd decks that don't do all the work for you then. orrrrrrrrrrr, learn2mix.

I'm quite capable of mixing.. you've missed the point it would seem. It's about the Numark wheel having no resistance and being significantly smaller than the Pioneer alternative.

Lets not get shitty eh?:rolleyes:

duno man, i got a numark axis 4 and never had any problems mixing with it, barely use the wheel.... on the occasions i do, works fine for me ;)

Back
Top Bottom