looking for...

smoke-a-spliff

hi! long time reader first time poster.
im looking for more tunes to go in a set with dj sly's say when. ie that high pitched bass bass whine. mainkly jumpup tunes im after enit. any reccomendations??

i wish!
i dont think its out on release yet, unless your one of the lucky few to be in recipt of exclusives. but i heard it on class A's myspace. looking for vinyls or possibly some mp3s since i got serato now.

well obviously
im tryin to build abit more of a repatoir, most of the stuff ive got is very commercial, mr happy, feelings that sorta thing. ive heard stuff like the ckb raveology set and thought yeah thats what ya want. its like in your face but still keeping the jump up beat rather than goin proper mad.

so yeah, some nice, bassy not too commercial drum and bass, simlar in style and matchable to saywhen.

i recognise ya dont want all the tunes to sound the same obviously otherwise whats the point in the set? evry drop has to be individual otherwise the set doesnt progress. but im finding it difficult to find the tunes to drop in, i thought this might be the place for said advice but ...

ok, i don't know say when but i would say, and it's just my opinion, don't dominate your set with so called jump up or producers who just do jump up. diversify a bit. you could easily find liquid or techy tunes that'll roll nicely in the mix with said jump up tune. the more you broaden your horizons, the better dj you will be. check out some different producers, maybe survival, maybe ewun, maybe anything off hospital records. dropping tunes with a slightly different vibe to the normal jump/wobble style will make your sets more palletable to a wider audience.

ok, i don't know say when but i would say, and it's just my opinion, don't dominate your set with so called jump up or producers who just do jump up. diversify a bit. you could easily find liquid or techy tunes that'll roll nicely in the mix with said jump up tune. the more you broaden your horizons, the better dj you will be. check out some different producers, maybe survival, maybe ewun, maybe anything off hospital records. dropping tunes with a slightly different vibe to the normal jump/wobble style will make your sets more palletable to a wider audience.

wise words

well obviously
im tryin to build abit more of a repatoir, most of the stuff ive got is very commercial, mr happy, feelings that sorta thing. ive heard stuff like the ckb raveology set and thought yeah thats what ya want. its like in your face but still keeping the jump up beat rather than goin proper mad.

so yeah, some nice, bassy not too commercial drum and bass, simlar in style and matchable to saywhen.

i recognise ya dont want all the tunes to sound the same obviously otherwise whats the point in the set? evry drop has to be individual otherwise the set doesnt progress. but im finding it difficult to find the tunes to drop in, i thought this might be the place for said advice but ...
slys switching his styles a lot at the mo and theres a lot of grimey flavours comin out, like the others said though keep an open mind for other styles that will work with jumpup..i find ragga, new skool jungle (serum / orig sin / vapour / serial killaz ) and dubby vibes work really well

i have problems finding the right tunes thats the thing, i buy a liminted amount of vinyl evry now and agen but since im just a hobbyist/ bedroom dj and dont have a full time job it becomes a very expencive habbit to buy a vinyl just because. does anyone notace that the tunes allways sound much better when ya give em a quick blast in the record shop then you come home, drop it on and realise the 2008 redub of the lighter just isnt any good!?!?!

mainly go to tempest, theyre very friendly in there sometimes go to hard to find, but i HATE that shop with a passion, none of the staff want to help you and evrything is overpriced

is there somewhere to go online that makes finding the bangers abit easyer? maybe we should setup a forum on here for reccomendations .

Aint heard that sly tune. But off the top of my head im thinking maybe
Heist-Sleep in ya eyes
Tantrum desire - Long note.

Might be what you are looking for, might not. As i said i aint heard that sly tune i dont think.

yo longnote is nw2, tantrum desire is the flip with extinction...both weight tunes tho

dunno bout set times yet, will know next day or so bro

Check out a few of these labels..

Good4Nothin
G13 (bigup rowney ;P)
Smokin Riddims
Co-Lab
Cyntax Error
Musik Hertz
Street Art
Class A
Second City
Calypso
Dreadnought

if you want the best of the jump up (imo)!!

Back
Top Bottom