Looking For Well Structured, Musical Drum & Bass..

Original Nuttah

They Call My Dad Machete
VIP Junglist
Probably a amateur thread.. but thought suggestions might lead me to producers i would have never found myself.

Now, i have become pretty critical of music recently. has to has a good structure.. lots of musical elements, layers and changes if you know what i mean. I like drum & bass the same way i like other downtempo electronic genres, musical and well structured rather than getting the dancefloor mad.

Theres a lot of liquid out there that i believe sounds "unfinished". They have a loop and repeat it over and over.. then the second drop is the same as the first and not much has actually changed throughout the tune if you get me.

An example of what i'm looking for is naibu's self entitled album. His music is really well structured and thought out. lots of layers and sounds within his songs, and i always love the atmosphere in his tunes. I can listen through that album and it takes me to another place. Hell, the intro to his album sounds like a soundtrack.

I have a suspicion that to find what i'm looking for, it's gonna be stuff from the jungle era. Like stuff Ltj bukem used to rinse rather than modern stuff. Cus i really liked that ambient sound then. but i'm open to suggestions.

Would love suggestions of albums rather than singles but shoot away.. Unless your all gonna hate on me for making such a outrageously amateur thread. :teeth:

all of seba's work would be a good start, from the early days up untill now he just hasn't made a bad track in my opinion... the way he puts emotion in his tracks :love:
adam F's album 'Colours' is a masterpiece imo... tracks like colours, aromatherapy, music in my mind
Calibre is also a fucking don (goes without saying really) be sure to check his down tempo album aswell :love:
Klute, instra:mental, PFM, marcus intalex, bukem, sunchase are some others that really do the trick for me ;)

Yeah man, seba is great. Last goodbye and painted skies is so nice.. and some of his atmospheric tunes.. need to check more of him.

Haven't heard of klute or sunchase before? i shall go check them out.

Alix Perez, Rockwell, Lynx n Kemo instramental and dBridge. quick youtube search of those artists and you will find some fucking great composition

Offworld Recordings
Absys Records
Fokuz
Offshore
Red Mist Recordings
Urban Chemistry
Deep Soul Music
Covert Operations
Warm Communications

Back
Top Bottom