Looking for some good sweep samples

wilson89

Hi I don't know if I'm using the correct term but I'm looking for some long sweep samples, specifically one where the tone rises slowly to really build before a drop.

All I've really used is reverse cymbals in the past, and I'd like to mess about with something new. I'm not entirely sure how to make them myself either.

Thanks

You can make your own white noise sweeps really easy.

Just get a 16 bar note of white noise and send it to a high pass/band pass filter and automate it.

For some sample ones I'm sure theres some good ones in the vengeance sample packs and such

I can't seem to get the cubase pitch shift to do it's job, it seems I can only change a note from one to another, and I can only slide the pitch if it's a midi note.

I can't seem to get the cubase pitch shift to do it's job, it seems I can only change a note from one to another, and I can only slide the pitch if it's a midi note.

In your synth assign an envelope to the main pitch and increase the attack to max. Set the amount the pitch raises to one or two octaves or whatever and play a long note.
If the result is too short, render to audio and time stretch it.
Once you have the basic rise go back and do heaps of modulations and fx to make it more unique

Back
Top Bottom