Looking for mid to late 90's oldskool Hardstep/Techstep nasty Rudeboi Jungle Bangers?

sonicjunglist

stuff like...

im kind of new to this type of Jungle/DnB. propper feeling it.

so anyone mind sharing some good tunes of this sort?

also whilst im here I might as well ask.. anyone have a track ID for the tune @ 0:36:18 and 0:54:15 ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Looking for mid to late 90's oldskool Hardstep/Techstep nasty Rudeboi Jungle Bang

try optical to shape the fuiture...hardleaders suspect package was a great lp .....grooverider the prototype years ( and trust me back then nobody could fault his mixing)

Re: Looking for mid to late 90's oldskool Hardstep/Techstep nasty Rudeboi Jungle Bang

try labels like

Trouble on Vinyl
Underfire
Test Recs
Renegade Hardware
Charge Recs
Formation/5hq
Fuze
Splash Recordings

quite a lot came out on smaller labels only having a couple of releases of this style

Last edited:

Hardstep?
Techstep?!

Fuckin ridiculous words

I'll just leave this here

Hardstep?
Techstep?!

Fuckin ridiculous words

They were used quite a lot in the mid 90's, there were compilations using both names and if i'm not mstaken 'Special Dedication' came out on Hardstep Records.

Much better terms then Nuerofunk and the most stupidest ever...Dancefloor, every single tune is made for the dancefloor!

They were used quite a lot in the mid 90's, there were compilations using both names and if i'm not mstaken 'Special Dedication' came out on Hardstep Records.

Much better terms then Nuerofunk and the most stupidest ever...Dancefloor, every single tune is made for the dancefloor!

Ah-haa...I thought they were made-up words by the emo-pendulum-skrillex kids tbh...I stand corrected!

Neurofunk?! Hahahaaaaa. I've seen another one on here...'chillstep'...FFS it's just chilled, soulful drum & bass!

Dancefloor though; I can see why people would use that term in 2012. I guess from your point of view, you're right, all Jungle/Drum & Bass composed from the beginning onwards was made to get people moving on the dancefloor. But, as the music has evolved and is still evolving now, people are always looking for new words to describe their favourite sub-genres of D&B. Some people these days would describe the Ram/Viper/(new)Hospital sound as 'dancefloor'. Other people would use the word to define what others call 'jump-up'.

But yea, I see what you mean.

...at the end of the day, it's just Drum & Bass/Jungle.

not forgetting

I used to class a lot of the jump up dnb with hip hop samples around 96/early 97 as Hardstep.Not sure if Techstep is American terminology but never heard anyone call it that (Virus/Metalheadz tunes ect..) in the 90's.

...at the end of the day, it's just Drum & Bass/Jungle.

Exactly, thats how i see it...heard too many stupid names over the years.

Not sure if Techstep is American terminology but never heard anyone call it that (Virus/Metalheadz tunes ect..) in the 90's.

I never ever called it that or heard anyone i know call it that but it was Virus & Metalheadz like you said that were coined with that phrase, mostly by the media (Music mags).

Nothing sounds as stupid as "Drumstep" lol

anyway Thanks for the suggestions :P

And yes Techstep/Hardstep were names used in the late Nineties. I remember it. Honestly I don't mind sub genre names since it helps me find certain sounds within the Drum and Bass spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom