Looking for liquid/minimal DnB

Dancing Lobster

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the whole DnB/Dubstep scene. I usually listen to Rock, metal and stuff like that. But my brother introduced me to DnB and Dubstep, and I'm really starting to like it. I especially like liquid/minimal DnB. But as for now, I don't know many artists/albums yet. Could you guys help me out? Which artists or albums should I listen to?

At the moment I only know 2 DnB albums, I like them both:
- Netsky self titled album (really love songs like Moving with you or Mellow)
- Fabriclive 50

So I'm looking for similar artists and albums. What should I certainly listen to?

Thanks in advance :p

^^

Yes!! and artists like dave owen, random movement, flaco, dramatic and dbaudio, pouyah, command strange, jaybee, clart etc.. just type in one of those names into youtube and you should find tunes of theres uploaded. OR.. type in one of those names and then "myspace" or "soundcloud" into google and there pages should come up.

here is some new up and comers too look out for too:

Vibes: http://soundcloud.com/vibesmusic1 OR www.myspace.com/vibesmusic1

Beat 70: http://soundcloud.com/philiptsappas

Hope you like the artists i have listed. ;)

has Danny Byrd been said yet?

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

oh, and i don't really classify it under minimal dnb, but i enjoy rufige kru very much. And i think you will too. Check out their Malice in Wonderland album.
Favourite tune on it: Letting Go VIP.

Recently bought the album on vinyl. Love it to pieces, with the artwork and all. A thing of beauty, all the way. :)

you should listen to alix perez, logistics, rockwell, commix, lenzman, total science, s.p.y., dj marky, seba, bop, ulterior motive, jubei, dBridge, instra:mental, calibre, london elektricity, cyantific, nu:tone, subwave, engage, etc...

Also gota check out: Stray, ASC, Vaccine, Actress, Consequence, Genotype, Nether, DJ G, Dominic Ridgeway, Oak, Bop, Subwave, Enei, Synkro, Triad. Should keep you busy for a while ;)

By the tracks you mentioned, and the fact that you weren't really into Commix or Perez, I'm guessing you're into the more kinda commercial dancefloor element of liquid. Check out releases by Hospital, Liq-weed Ganja, J Majik tunes like Manali Creme, Muffler, London Elektricity, Danny Byrd.

By the tracks you mentioned, and the fact that you weren't really into Commix or Perez, I'm guessing you're into the more kinda commercial dancefloor element of liquid. Check out releases by Hospital, Liq-weed Ganja, J Majik tunes like Manali Creme, Muffler, London Elektricity, Danny Byrd.

Hmm probably true. I also like the most recent album of Pendulum, which is commercial and not really DnB :p
Thanks for the artists, I'll check them out if I have some time :)

Okay let's bump this thread! My collection is still not big enough ;)
So, I'm still looking for liquid/chillout DnB. When it comes to this kind of music, I generally like it to be with female vocals.

Some examples:
Sub Focus - Last Jungle (did he make any other stuff like this? I don't like his other songs on the self titled album, but this song is awesome)
B-Complex - Beautiful Lies
Netsky - Mellow
Riya - Seems Like

There must be more songs out there like these ones, right? So tell me about them!
Vocals are nice, but not a real must ;)

//edit: chillout dubstep is also welcome. Like 'Round the world girls' by Tes La Rok :)

lenzman, s.p.y., marky, ulterior motive, dbridge, instra:mental, data, stray, halogenix, mutt, subwave, enei, artificial intelligence, alix perez, icicle, spectrasoul, rockwell, seba, bop, marcus intalex, doc scott, kasra, octane & dlr, jubei, total science, need for mirrors, skeptical, loxy, lynx, mikal, break, a sides....

Check the whole hospital & shogun crew...

some others maybe be mentioned ulterior motive, nympho,

Now listening to London Elektricity's 'Just One Second'... wow, sounds awesome! Thanks, will check those others to :)

lenzman, s.p.y., marky, ulterior motive, dbridge, instra:mental, data, stray, halogenix, mutt, subwave, enei, artificial intelligence, alix perez, icicle, spectrasoul, rockwell, seba, bop, marcus intalex, doc scott, kasra, octane & dlr, jubei, total science, need for mirrors, skeptical, loxy, lynx, mikal, break, a sides....

Thanks will check them out later :)

Back
Top Bottom