Looking for full length obscurities to sample

DYSRUPT

where can i find full length vinyl thats been uploaded somewhere? I miss the days where i could go into a second hand shop, buy a crate and search through all day for little tid bits to sample, like asian flute music, ambient meditation, spoken word, jazz sax. I know about freesound.org but most of the stuff i find are already cut samples. I want my own samples that no one has, or thought of using. So yeah, is there a second hand shop on the web???? Thanks

Some charity shops still have vinyl... not so many though. Car boot sales too. There are more CDs, but most CDs are cheesy crap. Still, you never know, you might get lucky.

thanks ya'll. Cartel, I'm just looking for the audio. at the moment i don't even have a proper studio. my tables aren't even hooked up. not to mention, the days of going into a second hand shop for obscure vinyl is almost over. at least in my area.

Problem is, most vinyl rips are in mp3 format, you certainly want to avoid sampling from mp3s. The odd acapella in mp3 is ok, but I personally would not sample from an mp3.

The library is a good source for samples, a lot of stuff that is on vinyl also made it to CD! I've had loads of great samples from the library.

Back
Top Bottom