DnB looking for feedback on my first mixes!

JUSON

I've been learning to mix for probably about 8 months now, I mainly mix DnB/jungle. Just looking for feedback really and what I could improve on with my mixes.

I've got two out on Soundcloud, the first is Liquid didinium (Liquid DnB) -
and the second is more minimal with a little bit of jump up here and there (nothing too in your face) - Boomtown Blues -
Any feedback is greatly appreciated as I'm always looking to try and improve! thanks

Any feedback is greatly appreciated as I'm always looking to try and improve! thanks

The first one is more the Style i like. I would mix Tracks a bit longer together. But at all its good.
What would be nice if there where about 40 min minimum. Because I hear mostly mixes on the way to work.
And it takes about that Time to get there.

But in total I would say: "You are on a good way. Keep it going like this."

Welcome to the forum @JUSON !

For me, a mix will look interesting if......
  • You have a tracklist (shows people at a glance what they might expect in there without giving the game away)
  • Download option. As Lino said above, some of us like to listen to mixes on journeys. For me, I like to download a bunch of mixes and put them on a memory stick for car listens. There are lots of free download sites you can post them on
The length of your mixes looks good. I try to aim for 30 mins or 60 mins mixes so I can optimise the amount on soundcloud etc
Also Ted has put up a thread about getting feedback on mixes. Put some words in some other members mixes that you like the look / sound of, and they're more likely to return the favour to your mix.

P.S Put them up for download and I'll give the Boomtown one a whirl soon

On the first mix, vocal clash from the start, so becareful of that in future, vocals over lapping is not nice on the ears.. seems youve picked alot of vocals for the first 10 mins.. try a vocal, then a rollin track, then a vocal track, might work better..
Mixing is tight and good selection, try going for half hour next time ;) enjoyed it

Back
Top Bottom