Looking for feedback on first real attempt producing a track

AliceWinebagz

Hey all,

This is my first time posting here. This is my first honest attempt at producing and mixing a track myself. I have years of experience with Logic, although never made any actual attempts to produce something that could be released, so this is my first attempt, and I'm pretty new to mixing, so I don't have much of an ear for that side of things at all yet.

I'd love any honest feedback about arrangement, instrument choices, and most of all, mix. Please, don't hold back! I need it to be ripped to shreds so I have an idea of where to go with it, because right now, I'm at a stalemate and not quite sure what needs to be improved, although I know a lot of improvements need to be made.

Thank you and excited about being a part of this forum.

B.A.R.N. (live DnB project)
Logic Pro X 10.5.1
MacBook Pro (13inch, 2017)
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Thank you! It's definitely not feeling anywhere near where I'd like it to be in terms of my mix, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start with fixing that.

Its a solid effort. I don't think that mid range squishy bass really works with the tune. I like the drums selection but the drums are bit subdued within the mix and could be louder/more prominent. I do like the use of samples and the staccato squeaky synth that comes in around 2:10.

Thank you! Yea, I think you're right. After leaving it for a week and coming back to listen, it seems like that bass tone is not working. Any ideas on finding a mid range bass that works with this? Is it even necessary to have a mid range bass?

not bad man.. in terms of making it more professional, the drums could really thump a bit more and have some more high end. .. for example, that kick needs to THUD in the sub region if you want it to hold down that wobble bass line... good music overall.. get some reverb on some of those synths as well!

My favorite part is the rhodes, really nice musical ability. Im just picking on the technical aspects of the mixdown!

Back
Top Bottom