Looking for criticism & opinions

Last edited:
Im digging ultramatic, very nice track! Both of these sound great, production is quality i can't really offer anything other than the first track doesn't seem to go anywhere for me but is mixed well imo.

Gaia :

Feeling this track a lot man ! loving the atmosphere and tribal-esque drums going on ! - tons of personality on this track.

I agree with Periodic that id doesn't feel like it progresses much but for me personally I'm cool with that I like a nice kick-back minimalish track to relax to.

Ultramafic :

Loving this vibe man, moody midnight shoulders. Nothing bad to say about this but I wish you'd have kept the first drums (30 second mark the vibe is on point for me !!)

If you could feedback me to bro that would be great : https://dnbforum.com/threads/chapter-11-discarded-wip-feedback-appreciated.199632/

Hey man, nice track. I like the variety in the song, keeps it interesting! Drums are also nicely varied and sound well produced. Bass is definitely a heavyweight!
Only thing that bothered me was right before the first drop, the audio cuts out a lil too much for me. Other than that nicely done dude!

interesting composition, i like the way you used vocal in the first track and there is a sort of tribal feel to the percussion, i think that percussion rhythm is really interesting and I'd probably try to work around that, but that break is a bit choppy and the snare from that break a bit too old school for modern production sound. also really im not keen on the repeating arp stab that comes in at 1:47 . .that repeating synth that looks like this in midi . . . . . . . . . . . . . that sound really seems out of place. the second drop sounds much better, again until that stabbing sound comes back in.

second track is interesting also, the music is good, maybe the mix could be cleaner in the lower region. I think.. with the drums you will decide to go one way or the other, either working around the breaks or try to make everything work around your own modern sounding drums, I mean these are some really classic breaks you have so you might want to be more subtle with them - tying them into the track behind the main drums or using them less often? but yeah good vibes all round looking forward to hearing more.

interesting composition, i like the way you used vocal in the first track and there is a sort of tribal feel to the percussion, i think that percussion rhythm is really interesting and I'd probably try to work around that, but that break is a bit choppy and the snare from that break a bit too old school for modern production sound. also really im not keen on the repeating arp stab that comes in at 1:47 . .that repeating synth that looks like this in midi . . . . . . . . . . . . . that sound really seems out of place. the second drop sounds much better, again until that stabbing sound comes back in.

second track is interesting also, the music is good, maybe the mix could be cleaner in the lower region. I think.. with the drums you will decide to go one way or the other, either working around the breaks or try to make everything work around your own modern sounding drums, I mean these are some really classic breaks you have so you might want to be more subtle with them - tying them into the track behind the main drums or using them less often? but yeah good vibes all round looking forward to hearing more.
agreed

Back
Top Bottom