Looking for advice to create a stab type noise, examples included..

patrickbolle

Whaddup guys, loving the forum, been lurking for months upon months.
Anyhow im basically trying to recreate a sound like...

edit - the forum wont let me post a link, its "Fred V and Grafix - Just a Thought" (at :35, and many other times during the song)

I hear it alot in lots of noisia stuff, and just recently in a bunch of liquid stuff as well,
Im assuming its just a saw wave with some modulation but i have absolutely no clue
Im gonna try some stuff out, but if you guys have any help i'd be very grateful!

ps. i use massive

thank ya from canada!

you can use absolutly any sound for a stab......what i do is load a noise i like and add echo, reverb and eq it to suit....then place it on the first bar of my track and play it so its looping...then i reload different noises replacing the original one until i find something i like....theres loads of one shot hit packs about too.

If its the noise I think you mean it is either a bunch of saw waves with one detuned a few semi tones from the rest which are octaves apart. Orrrr you can kinda achieve the same thing if you play a chord of the polysaw 1 wave but have the wavetable pointed to about 10'oclock or near there, play around untill you get that same sorta sound. Add a square sub to fatten out the low end. The trick to get it as big is adding some distortion or maybe hardclipping, or a plugin of somesort which allows you to compress the noise and up the levels without losing the dynamics. Just make sure you sidechain it to play off the kick.
It is that noise right? The one that's also in Subfocus's - Rock It?

If its the noise I think you mean it is either a bunch of saw waves with one detuned a few semi tones from the rest which are octaves apart. Orrrr you can kinda achieve the same thing if you play a chord of the polysaw 1 wave but have the wavetable pointed to about 10'oclock or near there, play around untill you get that same sorta sound. Add a square sub to fatten out the low end. The trick to get it as big is adding some distortion or maybe hardclipping, or a plugin of somesort which allows you to compress the noise and up the levels without losing the dynamics. Just make sure you sidechain it to play off the kick.
It is that noise right? The one that's also in Subfocus's - Rock It?

yeah that noise! thank you! ill try er out when i get the chance!

You can make any sound a stab by lowpassing and sweeping cutoff with fast attack.

Back
Top Bottom