Looking for a specific kind of dnb...

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by fufula, Jun 7, 2008.

1. fufula

fufula New Member

Hello, a friend recommended me this forum as a place frequented by people, who really know their stuff, so hopefully you'll be able to help me with my search.

I listen to all kinds of music, I'm really fond of AFX's work and the "style" of his dnb tunes is definitely my favorite. I'd like to find more music that resembles the rhythm, pace etc. of Aparatus and Box Energy. I don't know much about making music or dnb (as I'm pretty new to this) to be able to describe what I like so much about these tracks, but I'm sure some people do and will be able to answer this.

Also, could you recommend me some "nice" darker and heavier dnb tracks? I don't like all of it, as some of the dark dnb stuff seems much too heavy/spammy and isn't really that much fun to listen to, for me, so I'll just list some of my favs: Ewun - Hate Machine, Ed Rush & Optical - Sick Note, Robyn Chaos & Audio feat. Dylan - Rapture, Moving Shadow - Hellraiser, SPL - Grey Dream, The Upbeats - lick-a-demon, Noisia - Facade...

Aaand that's it. It's my first post, but I hope it's not too much to ask and someone will find some time to answer this. Thanks. :)