Looking for a laptop

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Budget: 550quid max

Don't really know what im looking for in a laptiop, will be for recording, maybe serato?

Few questions in general:

Can you get laptops with a line in input?
Can you plug speakers into a laptop?
Can you get laptops with a 64bit processor?

Sorry for being a noob, not really a laptop man haha just fed up of my desktop now!!

WOuld be wicked if people could post a few ideas up for me, preferably amd

NOT A MAC!

Thanks in advance

ps wasnt really sure where to post this so its ended up in 2 sections lol

get something with dual core processor and lots of RAM (dunno what is good for a laptop atm but 3-4GB is like standard in a desktop PC

quick google found this which seems good for the price: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-HP-LAPTOP...GB-2.0Ghz_W0QQitemZ270360197795QQcmdZViewItem

for recording dont rely on the onboard sound card, iv got a shit dell laptop and a maya 44 USB sound card (£70 max), use it for production and recording at it works a treat (y)

for £550 you could easily get a decent laptop, sound card and an external drive for tunes etc

p$ I would definitely NOT go for the 64 bits atm... it's definitely not worth it, and if you are going to be using plenty of vsts, you might have compatibility problems...

I agree with perspective, dual core - and go for Intel, AMD is still playing catch-up, and strangely enough, you get much more power per pound by using Intel...

Speakers: yes, any internal sound card should give you the option to push audio to speakers. And any modern internal sound card is capable of generating pretty decent output. Obviously, if your aim is to produce a level of quality to be compared to the best producers ever, well then a good external sound card could help...

But I have never felt the need, to be fair, better invest in some nice monitors! :D

David

im selling a laptop for £300 if your intrested
3gb ram 160gb hardrive
pentium 4 processor
6 g of dnb sets/singles
Pm me if your intrested and i'll give you more details
Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom