Looking for a label

Krispy

VIP Junglist
So I have a new jump up style tune that I just finished and I would like to submit it to a label to see if it could get signed...
The problem is I have no idea what label I should send it to.

And, should I just post the song on my soundcloud and send it out that way? Or should I wait until after sending it out to a few labels first?

Im just not sure what to do or where to send it, or maybe I should wait until I have more tunes and send a bunch at once?
Any help would be appreciated

From what I've heard, labels are more interested in tunes that haven't been spread around. So I guess that a label would be more interested in a track thats just sent to them and nobody else.

But thats only what I've been hearing... Im not in that business yet :)

Dude, send labels .WAV files, you don't want them judging your tune in 128bit compressed to shit lol..

At the same time, you don't want to send them a 60MB track and clog their email/servers.

Hit them with a 320 mp3 or direct them to your tune via soundcloud link. If they dig it, they'll follow up.

Drop box them or send a 320 to their email. Do not send a wav thats ott!
Usually a label would ask to make changes anyway depending on the quality of the track. So there's not much point in making them download a +50mb tune.

Its no biggie if you send it about. Just chose the labels carefully ;) i.e if you think it will do really well and its jump up go to Playaz or grid recordings or any other big jump up labels?..........Then if you hear nothing back try elsewhere?
Try sending it to the jump up dj's too if its a big tune and they like it they can help point you in the right direction.

Just a heads up SC links will get you nowhere, some ppl have a problem with soundcloud. Also watch out with rar's as they sometimes can't get them open (Mac user/potentially retarded)

Lmao @ people thinking a wav file is big, this is 2012 people! We aren't on dial up anymore... But regardless just follow their instructions, i know my boy Henry D wanted wav's through dropbox, he owns Bombtraxx records and High Grade Recordings..

On the subject, does anyone know any Australian drum and bass labels or something? Just a few names of some labels, etc.

I still find the best way is AIM :)

The music industry is a funny place and quite frustrating sometimes. If you are serious about your music and think its good enough, get a small business plan together for yourself. Just dropping a tune via someones soundcloud is complete shot in the dark. Some labels get 600 tunes a week... so think about what is gonna make you stand out.

Go and talk to people at gigs, when you have international DJ's over, go say hi and get some advise of them (most should be willing to help), build relationships :)

Show a label you mean business, send them new tunes consistently, approach them every now and then just to say hi etc.... What I am basically saying is, give yourself a head start by getting to know them alittle, you will immediately stand out of the crowd when they come to listen to your music :)

Good luck with it all, be persistent and don't give up :)

I still find the best way is AIM :)

The music industry is a funny place and quite frustrating sometimes. If you are serious about your music and think its good enough, get a small business plan together for yourself. Just dropping a tune via someones soundcloud is complete shot in the dark. Some labels get 600 tunes a week... so think about what is gonna make you stand out.

Go and talk to people at gigs, when you have international DJ's over, go say hi and get some advise of them (most should be willing to help), build relationships :)

Show a label you mean business, send them new tunes consistently, approach them every now and then just to say hi etc.... What I am basically saying is, give yourself a head start by getting to know them alittle, you will immediately stand out of the crowd when they come to listen to your music :)

Good luck with it all, be persistent and don't give up :)

Big up June, thanks for the advice!

I'm also after some jumpup labels. I'm on AIM, and i contacted Psychotic beats, RW digital,... I'm trying to get a bit in contact with those guys, just asking their thoughts about my tracks, cause i know i'm far away from getting signed yet.

But my 'tactic" is like if you keep showing ur tunes to them, and they see you make good progression about what they said and ur tunes keep getting better, they will sign you after some time...

Also, i try to get in contact with upcoming artists from those labels, talking a bit about producing etc, about life and so on.
That's a way to show I Exist!

Back
Top Bottom