Looking for a Jack Frost set from 96

cocacola76

Hello,

Im trying to find a Jack Frost tape from around 96, its got this tune on it Im desperate to find.

I dont know what event it was at, but I think I remember Krust's 'angles' was on there.

I know its a long shot, but anyone know it?

*EDIT* I see I've put this in the wrong section, sorry about that, perhaps it could be merged with ALL SET/ TAPE REQUEST sticky

Last edited:
i remember a frost set from 96 @ hysteria with bassman on it , he plays angles first and the mc is bassman , he calls frost "the assasin" at the begining , is that it?

i remember a frost set from 96 @ hysteria with bassman on it , he plays angles first and the mc is bassman , he calls frost "the assasin" at the begining , is that it?

That might be it, I think I remember bassman and "the assasin" is vaguely familiar, It could well have been an hysteria event. Do you know the pack number for that?

Im having a check through Ironmans packs to see if I can find it (Thanks Ironman :))

I've had about 3GB off megaupload today!

Last edited:
you got any info on the tune your after ? a vocal or somthing pal ;)

Theres no vocal, Its like a layed back rude sounding track (something like roni size would make), I dont know wether this is going to make much sense but, the bass first goes down the scale 3 times, then back up like:

bom,
--bom,
---bom,
--bom,
bom...
--bom,
bom,
(REPEAT)

and then theres this strange sounding high pitched horn that comes in then decends and gradually fades away.

Last edited:
Theres no vocal, Its like a layed back rude sounding track (something like roni size would make), I dont know wether this is going to make much sense but, the bass first goes down the scale 3 times, then back up like:

bom,
--bom,
---bom,
--bom,
bom...
--bom,
bom,
(REPEAT)

and then theres this strange sounding high pitched horn that comes in then decends and gradually fades away.

dark soldier?

bom,
--bom,
---bom,
--bom,
bom...
--bom,
bom,
(REPEAT)

That reminds me of Bonanza Kid, and that was out round '96.

Its a bit like Firefox - Buck Rogers, but the bass is less distorted.

And the bass does actually go 'Bom'-'Bom'-'Bom'-'Bom'-'Bom'.....'Bom'..'Bom' (REPEAT)

I've been through all the packs on Ironmans blog, cant find it. Its an amazing tune aswell :(

Last edited:
Mr G, do you know if this is knocking about anywhere (14/12/96)?

hysteria16.jpg

Or is this the same as the one on Ironmans blog you reckon?

!BM8fHg!B2k~%24(KGrHgoOKi4EjlLm,3Y5BJnHSS(M9!~~_1.JPG

They look similar, but they've got slightly different dates (ones 4th of december, the other is the 14th of december) Same line ups though.

*EDIT* I think they're the same. I need to go to bed lol

Last edited:
Pretty sure one of them dates are wrong as no promoter used to have another rave 10 days after the last.

I'm pretty sure the tune you are after is DJ Zinc - Pranksters.

Rolling scale bassline with a horn at the end. The bit that you've wrote about is at 4:09.

Last edited by a moderator:

bom,
--bom,
---bom,
--bom,
bom...
--bom,
bom,
(REPEAT)

I'm tempted to laugh.

But then I remember walking into record shops as a yout & doing exactly the same thing.

Sometimes being successful & others getting mocked & laughed out of the shop!

Ah the good old days... :)

It sounds like Warhead to me with that description, but no doubt you'd know that tune if you know Angles etc?

Did that too on several occasions in Boogie Times (my local Record shop), Danny Breaks used to look at me like i was a mad man!

I'm pretty sure the tune you are after is DJ Zinc - Pranksters.

Rolling scale bassline with a horn at the end. The bit that you've wrote about is at 4:09.

cocacola76 said it's a bit like Buck Rogers, which this isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not pranksters or warhead.

Would someone at HTFR know if I phoned them up and hummed it down the phone at them? (lol) Im phoning someone! I need this tune.

Back
Top Bottom