Looking at getting Ortofon Concordes, best type?

Phillasophical

Been using Shure M44-Gs for awhile, thinking of up upgrading to some concordes, anyone recommend what they're like to use and what the best type are, will be being used at home and in club at times. Probably not looking at buying the top end price models.
Chur

I have a set of Pro S cartridges, they're really reasonably priced. I don't have the full concordes but the cartridges themselves are really good!

I went from the Pro DJ S to the Shure's M445 G's - out of the two I preferred the Pro S. I decided to buy pioneers instead before going back to ortofon!

Read a few comparisons online and seems the 44-7s or 44-Gs seem to be the preferred due to price, and sound, ortofons better for cueing, but wear the records out more when back cueing. Which doesn't seem a problem, as your usually only back cueing the the first bar of a tune anyway. Dunno if I should just get new shure needles or not now....

Funny because I have Ortofon Concorde Pro's and I've been meaning to switch to Shures. I can't say why exactly but whenever I use the homies decks with Shures I always enjoy it more.

Back
Top Bottom