Long signatures

djspex

Anybody else find these annoying? It's very easy to scroll past posts by mistake and it also means that, most of the time, more than 50% of any one given thread is signature space, not discussion!

Does anybody think we should have rules as to how long a signature can be, the size of text you can use and the number and size of pictures you can add?

It says in 'General' that "any advertisements or waffle will be moved by the mods," yet it seems to me that advertisements and waffle are in almost every thread by default as other people's signatures.

Fes Rock

Nothing..........
VIP Junglist
u can go into your profile and turn off sigs...so u dont have to see them

ill admit some of them are long...too long

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
Anybody else find these annoying? It's very easy to scroll past posts by mistake and it also means that, most of the time, more than 50% of any one given thread is signature space, not discussion!

Does anybody think we should have rules as to how long a signature can be, the size of text you can use and the number and size of pictures you can add?

It says in 'General' that "any advertisements or waffle will be moved by the mods," yet it seems to me that advertisements and waffle are in almost every thread by default as other people's signatures.
UT IT YOU!!!

you are inferior.... and have no say!! BE HUSHED YOUNG CHILD!! hahahaha...

yeh... but im a pretty big culprate when it comes to long signatures.... oh well.....

and anyway..... its good to advertise man.... otherwise whos gonna know what your doing?? no ones a mind reader here...... or at least i hope not??....

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
I've turned them off, simply so it looks less on top if someone from work sees my screen.

Does my Arsenal sig still work?

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Rocksteady, advertising as advertising is - but a long sig just makes people block everything out - including what you've written.

I think the sigs here are atrociously long and the ones on DOA so long that 90% of users qualify for a life-time internet ban. You don't need to write about all your nights, all your releases and all your mixes plus add a funny comment because nobody is fucking reading it after three lines. Really, nobody.

I've got all sigs off and will probably be removing mine completely soon. Or keeping it to one line.

djspex

Is DOA any good then?

I've just turned avatars off as well. This is great!

Last edited:

Greg P

VIP Junglist
No, DOA is shite...

And yeah sigs that are too long or too wide piss me right off...

How's mine? I think it's relatively restrained...

Do you know what it is?

groelle

VIP Junglist
thought about that aswell, but then i changed my mind as there are quite a few i like a lot.

but for banners in sigs, they shouldnt be too big - rocks is ok i guess.

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
nah sigs add a positive vibe to the forum, it would be too bland otherwise, they add colour and happiness to the world

BeyondTherapy

VIP Junglist

:fuckinpc::fuckinpc::fuckinpc::fuckinpc::fuckinpc:

still doesnt stop people taking links and not saying thanks

:fuckinpc::fuckinpc::fuckinpc::fuckinpc::fuckinpc:

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist

Sigs make me want to kill people for their abuse of webspace.

R

rob1

sigs and avatars add character to the people. i like them on.
Yeah I agree. Defo like avatars because it helps destinguish between people. Sigs are only annoying if they are huge. The reason why I made mine tiny:)