London (living + working)

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Dj Dirty Pimp, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

(this ones for the londoners).

i hope to be moving to london in the next 6 months. i only have a limited knowledge of london. im only about 40 miles from it.

however i want a location thats quite central,or like a short train/ underground ride to central london
    . but not expensive to rent, and not too rough.
    and if any of u know of any decent jobs going in london, let me know as well!

cheers for your help in advance!

2. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Move to somewhere near peckham or dulwich... mayeb new cross... all have very good links to central london...

its where i live anyway...

3. Dj Dirty Pimp

cool, whats the area like for us white boys? because when i was in ballham it wasnt good lol.

do u kjnow any rent figures? or rough ideas for 1 bedroom apartment

4. Reference

Reference fair shout.

walamstow didn't seem too bad, when i stayed around my dads mates there not long ago.

5. DontLikeCops

DontLikeCops Certified tramp

dulwhich is definately one of the better places to live in se london, i use to live in catford which was pretty shit but moved to tunbridge wells now and my dad still lives in peckham which is pretty shit but quite quick bus rides to central london there, the being white thing might make you a target in certain areas but if ya just watch ya self should be cool

6. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

take up ufc fighting

7. Dj Dirty Pimp

i am ufc champion in my brain haha :D

nah i used to do martial arts, mite take up boxing man, looks like good hard work

any way cheers for the info guys, appreciated

if anyone else has any knowledge they wish to share then feel free plz

8. Indefatigable

Indefatigable Member

Balham a nice area!

I was gonna say West is best, well cos it is.

I live in Tooting and standard is about £350 a month per person on 3/4/5 bed places, good transport links, not rough at all but very mulit cultural, just like most of London I guess. A one bed flat round here would probably cost in the region of £600-650. Wandsworth (the borough that Tooting is in) is the cheapest for council tax.

Dulwich can be pretty expensive and Dulwich village is full of rich wankers, gimmi chavs over them any day. Dulwich is also surround by some of the scummiest places in South East London though too. I used to live in Crystal Palace.

Depford is all right and quite cheap, good transport links and South East London.

But honestly places like Brixton, Ladbrook Grove, Hackney, Tooting, Lewisham Bethnal Green etc aren't as bad as people tell you they are, generally it's people that don't live in these places, that actually live in the nicer areas nearby, that say they are bad cos they one saw a guy get mugged and then they assume it happens all the time, but it doesn't.

Bromley-by-Bow (North East) is apparently a good place to rent at the mo, it's all recently been done up and cos most of the people that live round that area are city workers, people are losing their jobs or moving to cheaper areas, landlords in Bow have been dropping their rent prices to get people in. If you want a really nice place for not as much money as you'd have to pay in more desirable areas (Bow all right, just a lot of building going on and a bit sparse) then it's a good bet.

I've lived in London all my life and for one reason or another moved around a lot, I've almost lived in every borough I reckon now. I'd say South is better, generally cheaper.

Transport links tend to be better East and West, rather than North and South, especially when you are in Zone 4,5 and 6.

9. 1995ting

1995ting Active Member

do it