London DnB Alive and Kicking ?!

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Oria, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Oria

Oria Member

ok, so i come and go from the board over the last couple of years but for some reason the impression i had from the site was that 'the scene' was a bit stagnant and nothing much was happening outside of the 'big events' that have the 'godfather djs' playing !? Well i managed to spend a bit of time in London over the weekend, and the wife gave me a night pass :cool: Different drumz event at Fluid (barbican/faringdon) warmed me up nicely with a few of hours of solid musical beats, then a cheap relocate (thanks TFL!) down to Vauxhall for bar:rage at Hidden gave me some of the sterner MC-heavy system overload stuff in one room, and some naughty bass heavy varied dub(ish) beats in the other. DnB is dead they say ? Or was this just some random lucked out Friday ?;)

2. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Dnb is far from Dead mate. Stronger than ever

Sounds like you had a nice and varied night

3. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Problem with this forum is most people fall into 1 of 2 categories, either the Jump Up/Megarave lot, or the Shogun/Ram lot. Theres always decent dnb nights on in London, its not dead at all, just the people that like this sort of dnb hide in waffle and cant be bothered to slum it with the other folk.