Logistics

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by piff squad, Aug 28, 2012.

1. piff squad

piff squad New Member

So when Fear Not dropped in april(?), who else shit their pants the first time through?

2. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

wasnt all that impressed with it to be honest

3. Mikkandro

Mikkandro COPENHAGEN

The dnb tracks oh there are so great, I have been rinsing them, but there are too many failed experiments on there. Haven't really listened to it as an album, just been rinsing some of the tracks a lot.

4. Fallen.GeMiNi

Fallen.GeMiNi 3rd rate banger merchant

I did. Out of a sheer disappointment. A few tunes were solid, overally much worse album than any of his previous ones and along with High Contrast's one the worst LP of the year so far.

5. piff squad

piff squad New Member

im so surprised at the negatives on this

listening the whole way through I was extremely impressed. Quality sounds and production

I don't understand how you can get through the first four songs and not be impressed

however it certainly is written as an album, you can tell from the getgo at the intro to the first song

6. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

this. sadly it was expected.

suprised?
    really? have you heard logistics early stuff before hospital went shit and ruined him?
    listen to now more than ever, reality checkpoint, spacejam ep and to some extent chrash bang wallop and get back to me.
    failing that just listen to camo and krooked and netsky and live cheesily ever after. each to their own isn't it.

7. mikey-bizzle-08

mikey-bizzle-08 WASTEMAN!

+1

8. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Murderation....

THAT IS ALL!

9. Attire

Attire Last Winter

Listening to the tracks on it, I can't see how people think its better produced than his previous releases.

10. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

No

11. piff squad

piff squad New Member

theres a really good reason I bought the album the day it came out. now more than ever is one of the sickest tunes ive ever heard in my life, along with blackout, the trip, maybe next time, r2d2, winter blues, etc

Im not really that into camo and krooked but yeah fear not was more similar to netsky than his old shit

and it definitely wasnt hospital that "ruined him," all the other albums he's put out were on hospital too. as he said in an interview this one was made with almost 100% synthesized sounds as opposed to samples like his other shit. guess some just don't dig the vibe?

12. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

do you really think if it hadn't been for the change in the direction hospital has taken in the last few years that he would have used all synthesized sounds or whatever?

whilst saying hospital ruined him (opinions etc), its not just him who used to make massive tunes (haunted by her yesterdays, colourwheel etc), people like high contrast too have slowly slid towards this standardized sound that appeals to a certain type of dnb fan so to speak.

therefore conclusion is I dislike hospital for ruining some of my former favourite artists

t345e likes this.
  13. t345e

t345e Well-Known Member

This. Interesting to see what happens with SPY.

14. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

The day SPY turns to the "new" hospital sound is the day I throw away my decks. I really don't think he's gonna disapoint with his new album. If anything some of the tracks will be old jazzy funky liquid (old london elek style) inspired, which i can absolutely live with. But i reckon most of the album will be classic SPY dark and rolling. Lets hope so anyway. As for logistics, arguabley got one of the best back catalogues going, new album was alright, but he had A LOT to live up to

15. OneSeventy

OneSeventy Mohican Sun

S.P.Y won't. He's Brazilian.

Crash Bang Wallop is one of my favourite dnb albums ever and I have so many favourites on Now More Than Ever, Reality Checkpoint and of course Spacejamz. But Fear Not seemed weak in comparison... Logistics has done cheesy before but he has done it well – Fear Not just didn't sound like him. I don't have a single song from the album that I love like I do with previous releases from him.

16. niushi1957

niushi1957 New Member

new album was alright, but he had A LOT to live up to[​IMG]

17. TomH

TomH Member

High Contrast has always and will always do his own thing. make no mistakes about that.

he won't. :shades:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012