logikz

I Am Not The King
Sawbuck
download - listen
Style: dubby drum and bass
Format: MP3
Playing time: 5:31
Release date: June 2007
Retrenched dub delays steppy step breakbeats with the large knock 808s and skanky ska brass. In a way, it's a Streetsweeper remake, which will be back online shortly. Flash up ya lighta!

liking a lot, a touch different though than your usual dub skanking. Recognizing those horn samples too, cheesy. I like the parts without the horns muchos better. real rolling.

Production wise shit gets too thick at times, lot going on with the horns, oldskool sweeps and vocals and basses and what have you. and man what is it with those lush pads in the middle? :(

Last edited:
Pretty sweet song. The lush Jungle pads really don't fit, imo. But around the 4 min mark the song gets really cool. Awesome bassline! :gpeace:

I understand the idea was to progress the sound? Good Track. Just to be safe I would run da mix into a serious hook with something heavy that no one can’t resist. Then bring it back to whatever you want it to be,. I guess some elements are necessary to keep the listener happy.

BOS

agree that's sometimes this track is a bit much, but damn, it's quite phatt, and it really blows. that kick could use some boost on the attack, though. little bit better mixing and this could score big times. thank you for this one!

fun track. Lots of energy. Nice bassline

I also wanted it to be a little thinner. When I first started producing abot two years ago. I was making up for the lack of HQ samples other by just adding more and more pads and effects. Its difficult to figure out how to make not very much sound like a whole lot.

I'd like to hear some more drums. I would bring up the "ghosted" snare hits and kick. The BD could also use a bit of eq.

Cheers,
Font

Last edited:
Yaz commin on mate. That fo showa...like the ideas. Some deep bass twistage goin on, and your beats are always interesting, but you still need to sharpen up how they sound...though much better. Like everyone says not sure about horns. And pad bit ...what the fuk were you on...it ain't even in time...maybe taht is on purpose..to mess with da head, but I'd say drop both those elements...that filthy reese thing...niiice...gwan mate strip this down and lets hear the results!!

Yaz commin on mate. That fo showa...like the ideas. Some deep bass twistage goin on, and your beats are always interesting, but you still need to sharpen up how they sound...though much better. Like everyone says not sure about horns. And pad bit ...what the fuk were you on...it ain't even in time...maybe taht is on purpose..to mess with da head, but I'd say drop both those elements...that filthy reese thing...niiice...gwan mate strip this down and lets hear the results!!

Pretty much agree with all of this, the idea is good, but there is too much going on, all a little bit out of time, running into each other. Love the bass switch round the 4 minute mark. Lots of elements of this work, just a handful dont!

im thinking of doing a remix, something really degenerate.

Rework, if you please! :first_dat

not bad !
cool reggae samples in it , but it's not really my thing tbh .
tune is ok , but it lacks of variations maybe ?
good work tho

Back
Top Bottom