Logic X Update: Now Avaiable

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Apple has released a HUGE update for Logic (now Logic 10.0.7).

Notably, that god awful CPU spike/workflow killer bug associated with computers with the Retina display and users who utilize Logic's revamped stock EQ.

Check out the list here. Loads of workflow enhancements, additions and fixes. I never thought I'd say it but...it seems like Apple's audio team is actually listening to user feedback for a change.

Really nice to see such a big update. Actually I feel like Logic works a little bit faster after this update with big projects.

I wish they will update more of those old-looking plugins like they did with EQ in the future.

FINALLY!! Logic have sorted the shitty Snap function .. About time!

■Resolves several issues with Snap introduced in Logic Pro X v10.0.6.
■"Snap to Relative Value" now reliably works at all zoom levels with Smart Snap enabled.
■Adjustments to the left border of a region now use relative snap when that option is enabled.
■When Alignment guides is enabled, Snap to Absolute value now works with Cycle.
■Alignment Guides now work as expected when Snap is set to Off.

FINALLY!! Logic have sorted the shitty Snap function .. About time!

■Resolves several issues with Snap introduced in Logic Pro X v10.0.6.
■"Snap to Relative Value" now reliably works at all zoom levels with Smart Snap enabled.
■Adjustments to the left border of a region now use relative snap when that option is enabled.
■When Alignment guides is enabled, Snap to Absolute value now works with Cycle.
■Alignment Guides now work as expected when Snap is set to Off.

Man, the fucking snap issue drove me fucking insane!! I thought it was me for a while, but then I noticed when cutting regions that the time was always off when I was zoomed out...which meant the hits were off...which meant phasing. Definitely glad they got it sorted.

And echoing Mania's comment, I'm definitely glad they've lived up to their word thus far. I'm perfectly fine with the timing of these updates considering the insane amount of fixes/improvements each one contains.

10 looks cool but I'm still not tempted to upgrade from 9 yet. Is it THAT much better?

Seconded!

Good to see that they've sorted out the CPU spikes on Retina Macbooks. I've had to avoid using the Channel EQ analyser because it was making the sound break up due to CPU overload

Last edited:
I've been considering making the move up to 10 as well. But the most stuff I've read about it has been about it's flaws such as the CPU spikes. It looks way prettier than 9 tho haha. But with these fixes maybe now it's time? :)

I've been considering making the move up to 10 as well. But the most stuff I've read about it has been about it's flaws such as the CPU spikes. It looks way prettier than 9 tho haha. But with these fixes maybe now it's time? :)

The time is now my friend. :) 10 is stable, snappy and has shit ton of new features and tools. For $200, you get your money's worth and so much more.

Back
Top Bottom