Logic via iPad Control Surface

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Stumbled across these two apps: V-Control and lpTouch that claim to be able to use your iPad as a complete control surface for Logic.

Has anyone used either of these yet? I wanted to grab some feedback to see if they were worth the coin. I don't really trust the App store reviews because the majority seemed to have been written by 5 year-olds.

Cheers.

Not used these apps in particular. However have paid for 'touchOSC' on the iPad. You can then download mappings for it. I use the 'livecontrol' mapping for ableton but I do believe there are equivalent ready to roll mappings for all the major daw's including logic.

It's dead cheap and does actually work quite well. May be worth a look. You can even design your own page(s) of controls to suit your needs. Faders, triggers, xy pads etc etc.

Not used these apps in particular. However have paid for 'touchOSC' on the iPad. You can then download mappings for it. I use the 'livecontrol' mapping for ableton but I do believe there are equivalent ready to roll mappings for all the major daw's including logic.

It's dead cheap and does actually work quite well. May be worth a look. You can even design your own page(s) of controls to suit your needs. Faders, triggers, xy pads etc etc.

Nice, thanks for this. I've been looking into TouchOSC recently as well. The fact that you can download updated mappings is definitely a strong selling point.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom