Logic Ustream

Discussion in 'Production' started by tim_c, Aug 28, 2013.

1. tim_c

tim_c Member

Hey guys, I love(d) watching Emperor rock his uStream on Fruity Loops. I swapped over to Logic, and I really want a resource like that again (besides Youtube)!

To be honest , the switch has been really frustrating. I keep bumping into hurdles- like drums. I could lay out drum beats in no time at all in Fruity Loops, and I'm completely lacking the speed and efficiency I once had in mapping out my ideas. It becomes more frustrating than fun.

So yes, please let me know of any dnb producers who post their productions on Ustream and use Logic!!!

2. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

Go to macprovideo.com and purchase a one month subscription. Then check out Olav Basoski's Logic Courses (this one and this one). Although they're for Logic 9, everything still applies to Logic X. I promise that you'll really pick up on Logic just by watching these vids. It was the best time I've ever invested TBH.

There are other Logic vids as well, with a couple dealing with DnB.

Cheers,

Craig

tim_c, D-Jhepz and mynameisToby like this.
  3. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

what troubles are you having with laying out drumbeats? is it the snap? or the browsing?
    Give a bit of details of your problems with logic and what you did in FL, and the solution is probably simple

4. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

what i do with my drums... is have a universal kit saved in esx24, and programe the same drums into my pattern to get all the ideas out... then once im happy i usually put the actually samples i will use, then layer my break over the top following my aforementioned pattern

tim_c likes this.
  5. tim_c

tim_c Member

hey all, thanks for the advice. i'll definitely check out those videos.

as far as drums, I used to use the step sequencer in fruity loops (unless i wanted to edit high hat velocities with fruity loops). i would have my samples on the left in the browser and just drag and drop. and for effects on that sample, i would just click on it and 'send' it to an effects channel.

for instance in the ESX, loading up and assigning each drum sample to a key on the keyboard and using that is cool, but what if i want to make only ONE of the samples have an effect (like the snare, i want to give it some light reverb).

i saw a Masterclass with Cyantific after I posted this- he was using Logic, so that was helpful too.

6. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

you can asign each note to its only mixer channel but pressing the 2 over lapping circles on exs's mixer channel then going into the instrument and assigning to output 1-2, output 2-3 etctec

7. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

In that case probably dragging the raw samples into their own audio tracks would be your easier option.

The default snap is enough to arrange the hits where you want them, and each track of course has its own FX chain, and you can direct bus them to a drum bus or send bus them for things like reverb or delay.

If you click the media icon, you can open up the browser tab, which lets to preview the audio hits and drag-drop them onto audio tracks, a lot like FL's system.

8. tim_c

tim_c Member

The dilemma with this is speed. ESX is much faster, however, I stumbled upon this today (drum programming in Logic by Craigz/Parrallel):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxHes3kTq68

D-Jhepz likes this.