Logic users...

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
going to uni this september and selling my as I'll have no use for it and it'll be too expensive as a student..

looking into switching back over to mac and hopping on logic!

What version of logic do I need to buy? And what specs are you guys running and how many tracks can you get roughly including vsts etc not just samples!

Only reason I ask is I could get an iMac ( not sure if it has firewire tho?) or a Mac Pro or I could get a hackintosh which will save me a lot of money and get me some really fast specs for about a grand?

You can get the latest version straight from the app store for like £149.99.

The amount of tracks you can run with VST's etc.. depends more on the spec of your computer than anything, if you have a I5 or higher processor and plenty of RAM you shouldn't run into many problems.

The latest Imacs do have a firewire input too.

the current version is 9, and it is in the app store for $199 including about 20GB of extra content. i have a 2.26GHz core 2 duo macbook with 8GB of RAM and i can get at least 45-50 tracks, including several plugins/software instruments.

are you worried about firewire because you already have firewire gear? because if not, forget about it, firewire is dead. thunderbolt is the new firewire, but just like firewire, it has only kinda been implemented so far.

I run Logic on a MacBook Pro w/ a 2.26 Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and it works great for me! Only time I ever really have a problem is when doing big polyphonic pads/strings with 3rd party plugs like Razor set to high quality. Hard to tell what a computer could handle though in terms of plug ins as that depends on the plug being run.

the current version is 9, and it is in the app store for $199 including about 20GB of extra content. i have a 2.26GHz core 2 duo macbook with 8GB of RAM and i can get at least 45-50 tracks, including several plugins/software instruments.

are you worried about firewire because you already have firewire gear? because if not, forget about it, firewire is dead. thunderbolt is the new firewire, but just like firewire, it has only kinda been implemented so far.

ah nice, not bad! i have a macbook pro... maybe before i buy a new one it would be a good idea to try out logic... u can only download it now... thats a massive download, you should be able to get the physical copy!

oh and firewire no I actually have a USB interface! but I was under the impression firewire was the 'one' so to speak...

ah nice, not bad! i have a macbook pro... maybe before i buy a new one it would be a good idea to try out logic... u can only download it now... thats a massive download, you should be able to get the physical copy!

oh and firewire no I actually have a USB interface! but I was under the impression firewire was the 'one' so to speak...

While it may seem like a large download (and it is), I was up and running in about 2 hours...that's downloading the full program AND the multiple gigs of additional content. Apple servers are quite fast with data transfer.

Firewire is great for an external storage device (as it's faster than USB 2.0), however, as msmith222 pointed out, Firewire is dying a rather fast death and being replaced by Thunderbolt.

Cheers.

I got an old desktop mac and a new (xmas) macbook pro. Obviously attempting to move my musical life onto the lappy but I don't wanna buy another version of Logic 9 when X is meant to be out this year amiright?

going to uni this september and selling my as I'll have no use for it and it'll be too expensive as a student..

looking into switching back over to mac and hopping on logic!

What version of logic do I need to buy? And what specs are you guys running and how many tracks can you get roughly including vsts etc not just samples!

Only reason I ask is I could get an iMac ( not sure if it has firewire tho?) or a Mac Pro or I could get a hackintosh which will save me a lot of money and get me some really fast specs for about a grand?

don't buy logic or your mac before you go to uni, if you buy from apple through your university you will get a discount on it

Back
Top Bottom