Logic samplerates

Discussion in 'Production' started by JimpaDirt, Mar 25, 2013.

1. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Logics standard samplerate is 44.1 khz if I remember correctly. And lets say I want to use a snare sample witch has a samplerate at 48 khz, obviously the snare changes in pitch if I drag it into logic. I could fix the pitch back again with the time stretch but I feel like the sample looses some power when you do that.

so... my question is: can you maintain the original pitch of the sample somehow without having to process the sample afterwards?

2. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

If I'm understanding your question correctly, Logic should automatically convert the sample rate of the imported audio to match that of the project, and furthermore resample it in a manner that prevents the "pitching" effect you're hearing. You may need to adjust some settings.

Go to File> "Save As" and make sure "import external audio files" is enabled in the "Save As" dialog box. By selecting this, Logic will apply a "destructive" edit to the audio you bring into the project so that it matches the project settings. I believe in the audio bin you can also manually edit the sample rate of a sample by selecting it and then going to "edit" in the bin dialog box.

Cheers.

3. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Thanks man, that pretty much solves my problem! I had no idea that you could edit the sample rate like that. It's going to help me a lot :)

4. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

Excellent! Glad I could help.

You'll find Logic has tons of "hidden" options throughout the plethora of menu bars and dialog boxes. :) Cheers!

5. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Haha yes indeed! I've been a logic user for almost 2 years now and find new stuff all the time!