Logic samplerates

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
Logics standard samplerate is 44.1 khz if I remember correctly. And lets say I want to use a snare sample witch has a samplerate at 48 khz, obviously the snare changes in pitch if I drag it into logic. I could fix the pitch back again with the time stretch but I feel like the sample looses some power when you do that.

so... my question is: can you maintain the original pitch of the sample somehow without having to process the sample afterwards?

If I'm understanding your question correctly, Logic should automatically convert the sample rate of the imported audio to match that of the project, and furthermore resample it in a manner that prevents the "pitching" effect you're hearing. You may need to adjust some settings.

Go to File> "Save As" and make sure "import external audio files" is enabled in the "Save As" dialog box. By selecting this, Logic will apply a "destructive" edit to the audio you bring into the project so that it matches the project settings. I believe in the audio bin you can also manually edit the sample rate of a sample by selecting it and then going to "edit" in the bin dialog box.

Cheers.

Excellent! Glad I could help.

You'll find Logic has tons of "hidden" options throughout the plethora of menu bars and dialog boxes. :) Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom