Logic rewriting files as I edit?

alz

compress to impress
VIP Junglist
I'm importing audio in to Logic at the moment and editing it, but for some reason the original samples are changing to how i've edited them in the folder and every time I edit it, the new edited sample appears in the folder... wtf is going on?! The original sample ive used is gone now too!

Yeah, you want to be careful not to let that happen. You can prevent it by rightclicking the imported audio and press "bounce in place" then logic will create a new audiofile in your project folder and nothing will happen to the original sample.

So annoying when you destroy remix stems.. and etc..

Any time you directly edit the wave form of the region in the sample window it performs a destructive edit that affects every region. I'm hoping they fix this in the future so that it will give you the option to apply the destructive edit to only the region selected, as it becomes a bit cumbersome to have to bounce in place every time you want to mangle a single region because you have to reset the channel fader and any routing you had setup. Bah.

As a safeguard, I'll choose the "copy audio files to folder" option when doing a Save As...not ideal, but a workaround for a backup nonetheless.

Cheers.

logic is doing my head in right now! every time i stretch an audio file logic splits the audio into like bursts of white noise. also when i realised this happens after flex a loop and then try and and chop out the bits u dont want.
anyone know what's going on?

I'm importing audio in to Logic at the moment and editing it, but for some reason the original samples are changing to how i've edited them in the folder and every time I edit it, the new edited sample appears in the folder... wtf is going on?! The original sample ive used is gone now too!

Yeh easiest thing to do is right click, Convert to New Audio File, then do the edits on that.

also how are you importing?i find it best to use the browser on the right and do as lostnthesound says and copy files to project folder. logic destructively changing a copy makes sense imo

Back
Top Bottom