LOGIC PRO X

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
http://www.macrumors.com/2013/07/16/apple-launches-logic-pro-x-with-virtual-drummer-and-flex-pitch/

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2013/07/16Apple-Unveils-Logic-Pro-X.html

Apple today announced the launch of Logic Pro X, the next-generation version of its professional audio software. The release brings a completely revamped Logic Pro application including a new virtual drummer and integrated pitch editing, as well as an iPad companion app.
Apple today unveiled Logic Pro X, the most advanced version of Logic Pro to date, featuring a new interface designed for pros, powerful new creative tools for musicians, and an expanded collection of instruments and effects. Logic Pro X includes Drummer, a revolutionary new feature that provides a virtual session player that automatically plays along with your song in a wide variety of drumming styles and techniques, and Flex Pitch, which provides integrated pitch editing for audio recordings. Apple also introduced Logic Remote, an innovative new way to play and control Logic Pro X from your iPad, giving musicians the flexibility to create and mix their music from anywhere in the room.

Logic Pro X launches in the Mac App Store today for $199.99, with live performance companion app MainStage 3 priced at $29.99. The Logic Remote companion app for iPad is available free through the iOS App Store. The apps have yet to go live in their respective App Stores, but we will update this post with links once they appear.

Doubtful? Does it say that anywhere?
Was just thinkin it's a bit cheeky they don't offer an update price. But the price as it is definitely competitive in terms of what I've seen other platforms offer as an update price - if that makes sense.

wow the screenshots are putting me off, it looks incredibly oversimplified like.. I actually thought it was screenshots of garage band..

Last edited:
1 question ... WHERE IS LOST??

it's too late to be honest ... a lot of people have switched to ableton but then again the price will draw them back.
im soo knee deep in ableton now im not if i should go back to logic coz i've always loved the mixer.... ahhh

Wonder what the stability is like (my early legal versions of 9 crashed regularly)

Also how compatible are the AUs going to be moving up even on the latest version, surely the companies would have updates waiting to go?

Looks nice though I will miss 9 when I do upgrade

Well this is interesting. Melodyne will feel the pinch from Logic users with the flex pitch thingy. I wonder how 3rd party plugins like soundtoys and NI Komplete will work with this.

John B upgraded and he said all his AU validated on upgrade apart from FM8, which didn't validate on his new MBP I think. All seems legit.

1 question ... WHERE IS LOST??

it's too late to be honest ... a lot of people have switched to ableton but then again the price will draw them back.
im soo knee deep in ableton now im not if i should go back to logic coz i've always loved the mixer.... ahhh

Right here. :)

Did I call it right in my other post or what? The minute I switch DAWs Apple would drop Logic X. Maybe now I should say I'm going to quit making music so I'll get a multi-million dollar deal lol.

From browsing the features I'm glad to see the loads of improvements and FINALLY a dedicated remote app to control Logic via iPad. MIDI FX are welcomed (and long overdue for that matter). No 32-bit bridge is both good and bad (especially for us sylenth1 lovers), but it probably means increased stability. I question the lack of an EXS24 overhaul, not sure what's going on there...perhaps a future update?

I still don't have regrets about getting StudioOne as I desire a new experience/perspective. That said, I'll eventually pickup Logic X at some point–but I'm going to wait a few months just so the team has a chance to iron out all the bugs.

I don't understand. I remember when logic cost $1,000 dollars. Now for the brand new version it cost &199.00? Am I understanding this correctly?

Wow this is looking good.. I really wanna see how the pitch flex works, that sounds great! ... I've been thinking for a long time that logic soon would have to bring something new to the game if they didn't wanted to loose all their buyers to other daws.

I'm probably going to wait a while before buying it tho and see what people have to say about bugs and such. But I'm thinking this could be something worth spending some money on... Not too pricey either compared to what apple is usually charging for their stuff!

The flat $200 price point was a smart move. It's not only very competitive, but it prevents having to provide multi-version updates as was the case with Express/Pro. While the lack of a price cut for current owners stings slightly, paying under half a grand for a fully functioning DAW ain't too shabby.

OFF TOPIC: @JimpaDirt: the animated GIF in your sig is making me crackup. It's hard to type with Bobba Fett dancing in the rain. :)

Back
Top Bottom