Logic Pro X, Help with Tutorials

ZackMRG

Circles are Pointless
VIP Junglist
Right, so I finally purchased Logic Pro X, I've been wanting to start making some beats for a while now but just haven't got round to it, and now that I have, Shit. I used Logic a little bit while I was at college, but that was nearly 8 years ago so I'm little overwhelmed by the amount thats presented to me on my screen, I've had a look at a couple tutorials on YouTube but most don't seem to be that helpful, so was wondering if anybody on here has any which they've found useful themselves/ would recommend etc.

Im obviously not expecting to make any groundbreaking here, but I figure If I can at least learn how to make something as simple as a drum loop, that'd probably the best place way to start off and hopefully from there navigating through all the endless options will seem a little less daunting.

So yeah, any help or links or whatever would be really appreciated!

This guy's done heaps of Logic tuts and has recently started doing logic X. They're simple and easy to follow and he uses a lot of visualisations which i'm sure a lot of newbies like. You can learn a lot off him.

Right, so I finally purchased Logic Pro X, I've been wanting to start making some beats for a while now but just haven't got round to it, and now that I have, Shit. I used Logic a little bit while I was at college, but that was nearly 8 years ago so I'm little overwhelmed by the amount thats presented to me on my screen, I've had a look at a couple tutorials on YouTube but most don't seem to be that helpful, so was wondering if anybody on here has any which they've found useful themselves/ would recommend etc.

Im obviously not expecting to make any groundbreaking here, but I figure If I can at least learn how to make something as simple as a drum loop, that'd probably the best place way to start off and hopefully from there navigating through all the endless options will seem a little less daunting.

So yeah, any help or links or whatever would be really appreciated!

i'd recommend trying to find a producer buddy to show you the ropes, learning this from scratch would take forever.. I'd be happy to help but the it's a long drive down to Bournemouth lol

i'd recommend trying to find a producer buddy to show you the ropes, learning this from scratch would take forever.. I'd be happy to help but the it's a long drive down to Bournemouth lol

Im pretty lucky to know two potential tutors, One lives in wales though so hes out the question, but the other isnt that bad a plan (y)

there's links to logic x tutorials on resident advisor and on gearslutz

I just came back from bournemouth went to my uncles wedding. Afterwards we went round town and i found a dnb club i had all my uncles and cousins raving to dnb was funny and a great laugh they aint the dance music type of person lol
Not sure of the name but it was good

Yeah that guy in the lincs good he is willing to help and advise anyone! He replies to almost everyone too

Last edited:
last issue of computer music had a big feature on logic
im sure you could chase a pdf version up quite easily... or even a hard copy

Back
Top Bottom