Logic Pro Users. Would be Grateful for help with the Ultrabeat Plug in!

Discussion in 'Production' started by parsons19, Jun 14, 2011.

1. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Hey guys,

Fiddling around on Logic Pro at School today, trying to make my second D&B Track ;)

Was mucking around with ultrabeat and got a pretty sweet thing going. I then Drag the "Pattern" button into the arrange window. However, the drums simply will not stop playing. It seems as if the Ultrabeat player will not stop! I only want this beat in a specific part of the song, so, how do I make it play in that specific part? Hope that makes sense...

Would be very grateful for help,

Jordan

2. JungleFever

JungleFever Member

use the exs sampler ultra beat isnt great, sampler you have much more control, take longer but is much better ( piano roll your beats )

3. T:M

T:M Dusty Techno Workout

Turn off the Ultrabeats sequencer to stop it from running during track playback

[​IMG]

tbf they are about equal, though Ultrabeat takes the cake for me. Technically they are both samplers, Ultrabeat allows more individual sample shaping as well as limited synthesis abilities, while the EXS is capable of mapping multiple drums to the same key as well as the possibility of simplifying the process of pitching your drums if you use it for only one sound in particular.

Also you can use the piano roll for both of them, just because Ultrabeat has the sequencer doesn't mean you have to use it, although it is faster imo for editing velocity values and getting quick previews of your loop.

4. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Thanks T:M ! Can beleive its that simple...

Silly me! Cheers for the responses :)

5. ChekOneTwo

ChekOneTwo Member

Ultrabeat with Piano Roll def!

OR

Battery with Piano Roll, don't hear much on here about Battery, any fans...?

6. T:M

T:M Dusty Techno Workout

I'm thinking about downloading the demo, I don't really hear much about Battery, but everytime I have it's only been good things!

7. ChekOneTwo

ChekOneTwo Member

I prefer it to Ultrabeat, nicer more user friendly interface. For me as a beginner I like it more than Ultrabeat. Plus I think with any of the NI plugins you're always going to be onto something good! Also, and input from other guys with experience with Battery please, I think you have more ability to modulate and affect your samples within battery than you do in Ultrabeat....?

8. fractal

fractal Well-Known Member

i always use the exs, but ultrabeat is really good for getting a quick beat down and is useful if youve got a really busy drum beat - saves the need for making a multi out exs (can be long) or individual tracks for all your drums (Also very long...)