logic pro not the one for dnb producing !?

D

darkstepz

im kind of coming to the conclusion that logic pro isn't really the one for making any good dnb or neuro !
theres so much effort that needs to be put into it just to siff through samples to use alone !!
iv watched videos of people using FL STUDIO for example and the way they have their samples all down the left side just makes shit more efficient plus the way the samplers are on FL where you can pitch audio and tweak it which u just can't do in logic unless u open it as midi bounce it blah blah blah !! logic just seems long for me ..i want FL now !!!

FL's selling point has always been how quick and easy it is. I've not used it for years but the sound engine used to be a bit crap. When you bounced your tune it would sound different to how it did when you were making it. I imagine they've probably fixed that now though.

If you're doing everything in the box there's no reason not to give it a shot.

First of all, there is forum section for all the production stuff - http://dnbforum.com/forums/production.5/

Break, Rockwell, Icicle, The Upbeats, Wilkinson, Loadstar and many other dnb producers wouldn't agree with you.

who cares what they agree with or not anyways !.. theres probably a million more producers out there that wouldn't agree either just my opinion at the moment, even though i haven't even used fl studio yet.. might buy it today for a laugh and see

there is no such thing called a daw better than a daw in a specific genre, they are all the same.

it's about you, are you the one for dnb ? if yes, then go for the daw you feel comfortable with;)

have logic open with sample folder, press space bar on sample and use up+down keys, quick and easy. Or you can just browse samples in logic, you can do the same thing in fl studio as with logic.

Generally FL is faster than Logic - no question with browsing samples, FL wins hands down , however all DAW's have there pros/cons , audio engine / sound does not fluctuate between one to another , this has been proven time and time again, As others mentioned learn your key commands - stick with one and efficient workflow will come with time spent . theres as many top producers using other DAW's as there is using Logic . but for sure - let the fan boys have their burst of ' knowledge '

All major DAW's these days are more than capable to make quality DnB or any other style of dance music. Even a DAW such as reason that doesn't even support VST's is capable or making sick tunes. Trying DAW afor DAW to find the one "best for DnB" is just a waist of time.

Picking a DAW and learning it inside out is the way to go. I use Ableton and it more than gets the job done. If I had some extra money laying around I'd really like to pick up bitwig since it's close ableton, but seems to have some fun things about it I'd love to try out. But I'm not gonna stress about not having it or thinking it could make better DnB.

FL might be easier for browsing, but what about automation. that's a big one for me, so I stick with live. lives automation is so quick, where FL takes going through a few drop menus. that would slow me down so much ESPECIALLY for neuro sounds. not only that, lives file browser is super quick and customizable and going from Logic to live would be much easier in imo. Ive tried them all to some extent and FL is in its own group, much like reason. They have their own learning curve that doesn't really apply to other daw's. With that being said, there isn't a "go to" daw for DnB. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I actually found Bitwig to be great for bass modulation.

which u just can't do in logic unless u open it as midi bounce it blah blah blah !!

Not true, ALT + double click the audio - Bare options to manipulate it.

Sounds to me like you're putting up silly barriers before even spending a little time learning the actual software, you do realise making decent tunes takes years and years?

Not true, ALT + double click the audio - Bare options to manipulate it.

Sounds to me like you're putting up silly barriers before even spending a little time learning the actual software, you do realise making decent tunes takes years and years?

^this^. . . . . . .Nailed it.

Back
Top Bottom