Logic Pro / Knowledge Mag Questions...

Discussion in 'Production' started by Marc:L, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Marc:L

Marc:L Member

In the Knowledge#62 (December 2005 with Calibre on cover) Shimon had a tip over basslines with a effect called Deep house bass (Wich is a preset in logic). But can't find it in logic. So can anyone explane it to me??

The other is Knowledge#82 (July 2006 with Krust on cover) Don john the bastard is talking about reversing audio file like The Prodigy's firestarter, but i don't understand it. I just can get beyond step 4 (I think). So can any one explane this to me to????

Well many thanks to everyone who can help me!!

2. Marc:L

Oke I got this one!

3. xen

xen ...innit

if you listen to the firestarter main riff (the main synth hook, the one which goes D-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-G-Bflat-C), I think what the guy means is that Liam Howlett sequenced the melody originally as D-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-G-C-Bflat and found that if he reversed the waveform of the last couple of notes, the melody fitted together much more nicely...

... You can definitely hear an example of what I'm on about if you listen to the flute sample in Voodoo People, the last two notes of the long sample have been reversed, and it helps round off the hook instead of leaving an imperfect cadence (unresolved).

4. Marc:L

Well well look at that! Thnks man!