Logic Pro 9 vs Logic Pro X

lewis797

Im about to buy a new mac and i want some new software. Currently using Logic Pro 9, iv heard lots about how Logic Pro X is not as good? but then i have also seen a few threads on here saying that people love it! From watching a few youtube videos i really like the look of it! but is there anything that Logic Pro 9 has that X doesnt?
Also it's alot cheaper than other software such as cubase 7, which i also love the look of and am slightly tempted by just alot more money, is there much that cubase has that Logic doesn't?
I know what software you use doesn't really matter, just want something new!

Thanks!

Whoever stated that Logic X is not as good as 9 is misinformed and most likely hasn't even purchased Logic X. To add, the question that should be asked is not what Logic 9 has that X does not, but rather, what does Logic X have that 9 doesn't.

The answer: a lot.

I'll just spout off a couple things and will leave you to doing some searching on your own within this forum and/or google: FlexPitch, drummer, Logic Remote, full 64bit architecture, updated stock plugins, additional pedal board modules, scale quantize, track stacks, Retro synth...and that's just scratching the surface.

For $199, you get more than your money's worth IMO. Especially for a professional DAW of this magnitude.

Thanks for the help, yeah after doing alot of research i'm loving the look of it although one problem is that it doesn't support 32bit plug ins, even though most are 64 now there is still a few that i use alot that won't work such Tone 2's Bifilter

The 32bit thing sorta bugged me for about 30 seconds, then I just found software that does the same thing in 64. Developers that don't do 64 are just plain lazy imo, therefore get stuff that is.

Thanks, thats cleared up alot! I do really like the look of cubase 7 but not enough to pay the extra over logic! Will be purchasing on monday! Can't wait to get on some new software!

Back
Top Bottom