Logic just got a 50% price cut

msmith222

redbeard
VIP Junglist
Now it's in the Mac App Store for $199. No more Logic Express, only Logic Pro at the Express pice. Pretty sweet if you are a Logic user.

Yay i was wondering if they were going to get it on the app store for cheaper after seeing final cut pro pop up on on their a couple of weeks ago.

I may finally have the money to upgrade to logic from reaper now

Away from my computer atm, anyone know if/what the ugrade price from express to pro is now? Would love to fnally get my hands on Sculpture. :D

EDIT: Upon getting to my computer and doing some quick searching and it doesn't look like there is any upgrade anymore. Bullshit.

Last edited:
yeah but you get $200 off pro, not really a bad deal

I know, just that - that used to be the price for the upgrade from Express to Pro. I don't really NEED Pro, but I was hoping there would be a sweet price drop on whatever upgrade. Too bad there isn't one.

Hehe. Think I can get Sculpture and a few other things by getting Mainstage (now $29.99)! Plus with that I could live schtuff!!

Hehe. Think I can get Sculpture and a few other things by getting Mainstage (now $29.99)! Plus with that I could live schtuff!!

ableton over mainstage for doing live shit anyday personally...

so if I've got this correct, logic's half price, but it's download only now off of the app store? it takes ages to install off DVD's as it is, fuck waiting for ages for it to download and then having to wait for it to install...

Ok so, I decided to go ahead and get it (Mainstage) anyways.

As expected I have access to ALL the plugs that don't come with Express. UNexpectedly though I cannot use any of said plugs inside of Express *FFFFFFUUUUUUUU* which is a somewhat of a disappointment...

On the otherhand though it was only $30 and I find that the optional jam packs work fine in Express (I only downloaded 2
of them and only the instrument parts, there's fucking 19gb of optional content!!!!) and the program does look rather nifty. I plan on devoting a large swath of my day tomorrow getting to know it. I think there might possibly be away to rewire it into Express...

maybe i am missing something...why all the effort to use everything with express? if you bought pro, why would you not just use that?

nevermind, just saw that you bought mainstage only.

ableton over mainstage for doing live shit anyday personally...

so if I've got this correct, logic's half price, but it's download only now off of the app store? it takes ages to install off DVD's as it is, fuck waiting for ages for it to download and then having to wait for it to install...

The download is the program only. BUT after you've downloaded the program, you can pick and choose what extra components (i.e. all the extra samples and whatnot) you want to download...for free.

Mainstage is quite fun, had a couple of nice jams on it with a mate and an MC. Depending on what you're using it for this might be of help: http://www.samgreene.com/drupal_samgreene/mainstage2-and-loopback

Thanks! Very helpful link!

It is a lot of fun, I've created several very nice layouts so far. I kept reading that it's hard to learn but I really don't understand why people are say that, it's a breeze to set up midi controls!!!

The download is the program only. BUT after you've downloaded the program, you can pick and choose what extra components (i.e. all the extra samples and whatnot) you want to download...for free.

Yes, you can choose which Jam Packs to download and you can choose to download either just the instruments (EXS24 or synth presets), just the Apple Loops or both.

I downloaded just the Rhythm Section, Orchestral, and Voices instruments. But after installing Mainstage (and finding I didn't get the plugins which I expected) I found out that it actually removed the Legacy Drum kits, so I had to go back and download the Remix Jam Pack too.

I would definitely say it's worth the $30 for the Jam Packs alone, as those by themselves used to cost a considerable amount of dough individually.

Back
Top Bottom