Logic 9 UI latency

I managed to completely delete logic 8 off my comp the other day (spare licensed version my mate had) so I didn't have the discs to reinstall. So I dug deep and bought logic 9. Has anyone else noticed the painfully slow reaction time on graphics? I.e compresson bars, graphic EQs etc? It's really ruining it. I've looked online and found I'm not the only one but couldn't find any resolution. Anyone on here got round it?

You're not alone. There is a bug with the channel eq. Having multiple instances with the spectrum analyzer enabled has started causing crucial playback latency. Ironically last update fixed this issue with regards to 3rd party plugins and now Logic's own EQ is causing issues. The best way to avoid this annoyance right now is to turn off the analyzer spectrum on the channel EQ when you're not using it for reference.

Last edited:
Right ok, at least I know where I stand. It's a laughable situation to have a bug with something some people use religiously. In that case ill use the BlueCat analyser if need be, it's free from Computer music and very detailed.

It an isolated bug in that not every user is experiencing the issue, I'm unfortunately a part of those with the bug. Even with maxed out RAM an SSD, the latency still occurs. It's a poor program level issue that will hopefully be resolved soon.

As get as logic randomly crashing, have you installed any new plugins recently or does the crash happen in a specific project or just with logic in general?

I was told to always turn off the spectrum analyzer when your not using it because it eats CPU
While it does eat CPU, prior to 9.1.8 I could have well over 15 channel EQ's with the spectrum analyzer engaged (usually because I'm too lazy/forgetful to turn it off, lol) and would have no slow down. Now, after about 5 the playback latency is overwhelming. Again, this is an isolated bug so some people aren't affected. I've been using FabFilter Q rather than Logic's stock EQ which, although slightly more CPU taxing, doesn't introduce any latency.

True but I (and others) never had this issue with previous versions.

Agreed!

This is deffo hardware related and not verison specific. my mates G5 is fucking terrible for it!! Gay as fook really!

Also anyone noticed that when looping, it plays a little bit before the loop?? fucking annoying!

This is deffo hardware related and not verison specific. my mates G5 is fucking terrible for it!! Gay as fook really!

Also anyone noticed that when looping, it plays a little bit before the loop?? fucking annoying!

Ugh. Yeah I've noticed. The only work-around is to "Convert to Real Copies" and then glue them into a new region...quite a pain in the dick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom