Logic 9 question

JungleFever

VIP Junglist
why is ultra beat such a cunt?

i try to initialize the sample so it aint got any of that shit modulation on it then it sounds rele loud and completely different. Its really fucking me off. anyone know how to get around this?

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

posted it twice for some reason? delete?

isnt there power buttons for all the different effects on ultrabeat? you could just turn them all off unless im being really stupid

or just use the exs24

I love Ultrabeat, the thing is a total beast and you can do some wicked stuff with it. If you are having trouble/dislike the way that the samples sound as fractal says you can just turn off whatever is bothering you. If it is too loud then why don't you just go over to the keyboard section and slide the volume down to something you are comfortable with?

You could always just switch to the Empty Ultrabeat and put the samples back in/create your own kit

The drum hits that ship with Logic for Ultrabeat can be found at:

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Ultrabeat Samples

I wouldn't recommend using ultrabeat since it cuts 1-3 Milo seconds of samples even with the amp mode at 0. this can take away from your transients. I used to rewire at first to reason but them started using the exs24 with multi outputs which can also make some sounds have drive with the fat knob but recently I switched to using pure audio and you can get so much control and it's quicker IMO to get ideas quicker and to get crazier breaks. another good reason for audio is you can label everything and then when you layer an amen break for example you can get a almost accurate idea on where to chop your break and place hits. but if you need midi use the exs24 with multi channel outputs

Back
Top Bottom