logic 9 flex mode problem

Discussion in 'Production' started by kieran t, Feb 23, 2014.

1. kieran t

kieran t Member

i have a problem with flex mode, i load the sample in to the daw (a break) then when i click on rhythmic then try to time stretch it as soon as i begin to move the audio to where i want it stretches automatically to about 16 bars when its only a 4 bar loop. the audio is 172 bpm and i am working in 174

pissing me off big time its never done this before, have i overlooked a setting I’ve never seen before?
    thanks guys

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

I've had a similar problem and it took me ages to realise what was causing it. Have you dragged the play head thing so the track begins sooner than the first bar? I used to drag it to -4 so I could have a pad sound lead into the intro of the track if I though it would sound good. Then after I started doing it a sample would snap four bars ahead.

3. kieran t

kieran t Member

exactly!!!!! 1st time i have done this as well. thanks for clearing that up will have a go on another project without dragging it before the start cheers mate

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  4. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

No worries mate. I'm not sure if anything else can cause it. Mine has been fine since I stopped dragging the bit at the start. Also make sure you hit CMD+S whenever you use flex time. Sometimes the monophonic algorithm make Logic crash. Well in my experience anyway.

kieran t likes this.