Loans

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Depends what for and on your ability to repay.

If its to start your own business, might be good... if you've got a good plan and are prepared to work your arse off.

If its to buy vinyl, not a good idea unless you can afford to make the payments.

Same if its for a car (though a car will make it easier to get work... but then you've still got to pay for petrol and crap).

If its for clothes or a holiday, sort out your priorities - bad move.

If its to pay your rent and your bills, you're in trouble mate, because alongside your rent and your bills, you've now go to pay the bank. See if you can't get a different source of income or beg your family & friends for help.

If its for education, it will pay off in the end but you'll be eating baked beans for a while. I was.

If you got a loan with a reduced interest or payment grace period (so you're paying only a couple of quid for six months), then you've just been raped by your bank.

Swan'e Style

Hollyoaks Bizness
VIP Junglist
Dustek
Today, 11:27

:lol_board ( I'm about to do the same)

Depends on your wages mate and how long your willing to stay at your job, I've took a few loans out mainly on cars :teeth: , not doing that again , 5000 grand in total took me about 5 years to pay off , 1000 should be alright but if you worried about time go for the payment option where you can pay as much as you want off a week and not just the minimum , instead of like 90 odd quid which I did for 5 years which felt like an eternity

JAGZ

VIP Junglist
its so i can build a sick computer to make tunes on, sort of an investment

i have to pay 55 a month for 2years i reckon i can handle it :monkey: i fuckin hope i can

havent signed anything yet
thanks for the info especially dustek :beers: funny yet so truthfull

safe boys

Mr G

Old Cunt From 19 Longtime
VIP Junglist
I got a loan out about 10 years agao and spunked it on going out,drugs and clothes,fucking blinding for a couple of months.
Then a couple of years of paying it all back,thats was the shit bit.

But seeing as you putting it to good use,good luck to ya mate!

JAGZ

VIP Junglist
I got a loan out about 10 years agao and spunked it on going out,drugs and clothes,fucking blinding for a couple of months.
Then a couple of years of paying it all back,thats was the shit bit.

But seeing as you putting it to good use,good luck to ya mate!
sorry to hear about that, you learn from mistakes tho right

cheers

i work for a bank. depends what interest rate you have got - the more money you take the lower the rate. did you take the insurance? generally summat of a rip off.
good to get you out of a spot of bother - just don't let it lead to a slippery slope. ii see it every day - poeple take loans to refinace stuff pay off credit cards then less then 6 months later they are back to refinance for more again as they have just run the debt back off.

as i say can be good and a grand ain't too bad. can you back it back earlyu without penalties if you want?

sorry i know this is a wee bit banky but as i said it's me nine to five, not very excitin but if you need any help or advice gimme a shout!

JAGZ

VIP Junglist
sorry i know this is a wee bit banky but as i said it's me nine to five, not very excitin but if you need any help or advice gimme a shout!
mate :beers:

the amount of help people on here have given is top and then a banker with the ultimate knowlodge, shit i asked the right fukin question there

im sweet atm but if i do get stuck i know where to go :thumbsup:

Swan'e Style

Hollyoaks Bizness
VIP Junglist
its so i can build a sick computer to make tunes on, sort of an investment

i have to pay 55 a month for 2years i reckon i can handle it :monkey: i fuckin hope i can

I would do the 1 year option , 10 pound or so a week for two years is to long mate,your interest would be daylight robbery trust me. pay more get it over and done with in a year, but as I said before it depends on your wages