Loadstar Lackluster Set (RAM Oxford 01/03/13)

dizzledee

soul muscle
VIP Junglist
I was never expecting much from Loadstar given the rather poor output of late, save a few decent tracks.

But frankly their set last night was just offensive, a blinding shit storm of screech and UKF friendly lullabies. From such established artists I would expect so much more.

Their set seemed to act as an advert for all that is wrong with Ram and they should both be sent to bed without any dinner.

Ram are pulling a Hospital, rah rah rah, etc. etc.

Last edited:
Well said, it was fucking awful. I only stayed watching for the hope of hearing link to the past vip (which never even got played). Got the stage in the set where I was laughing at it it was so bad!

I didn't go but I saw them at RAMs Xmas party at Fabric and their set was horrific. Seeing Xample and Lomax drop Mr Happy as their second track was both disgusting and depressing. I cut 10 mins into their set. Sounds like it was pretty similar to what you guys witnessed. It's upsetting to see RAM go in this direction

Sides where certainly split when they dropped Hot Right Now!

2d46a_ORIG-Sisko_groan.gif

I didn't go but I saw them at RAMs Xmas party at Fabric and their set was horrific. Seeing Xample and Lomax drop Mr Happy as their second track was both disgusting and depressing. I cut 10 mins into their set. Sounds like it was pretty similar to what you guys witnessed. It's upsetting to see RAM go in this direction

I saw them at that RAM party too and they were horrible, everything from track selection to quality of mixing was sub standard. Clearly some people are brainwashed though.

Can anyone rate one of their "live" sets as opposed to the dj sets? I'm told despite there horrific dj skills and selection, production wise they are a good outfit?

Sides where certainly split when they dropped Hot Right Now!

Oh dear...

Bring back the old Lomax days. His production/output was amazing

Anyone remember 5 weeks? To go from releasing stuff like this to where he is now with Xample in the Loadstar guise is in my opinion not great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot imagine the reaction if it was dropped at any decent club night...

I remember hearing Hot Right Now in Fabric once. I think Mind Vortex played it. I remember seeing loads of people from my old school going crazy to it. I left the room soon after and the cringe never left my face.

I saw them at Run VS Ram last night in November, said was average but a lot of screech fest. Why can't they go along the lines of Wilkinson, who despite producing some slightly mainstream sounding tunes puts on brilliant sets?

saw them last year and they weren't that horrible, just a lot of screech, was pretty smashed tho, an after them was high contrast (album showcase or smth like that) which made the loadstar set seem like a gift from god

Oh dear...

Bring back the old Lomax days. His production/output was amazing

Anyone remember 5 weeks? To go from releasing stuff like this to where he is now with Xample in the Loadstar guise is in my opinion not great.

This tune is the one!

Last edited by a moderator:
i remember seeing a dnbtv set from them ages ago and it was bloody good... shame to see they have ended up like so many others.. producing generic shit to sell to the masses so they can masturbate with £5 notes

Back
Top Bottom