LJT Bukem and Atmo-jungle these days?

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Anyone know what LTJ Bukem is up to these days? Also whats going on with atmospheric / oceanic jungle these days? I haven't been listening to it but it seems to me the last gasp of this style was in 1997-8-ish.

This was such a beautiful style of jungle, its a shame if its not happening anymore. The best stuff in this style seems to be in the 93-94 area where you had these amen rollers with euphoric strings / cords with the occasional chipmonk diva thrown in. It was like intelligent happyhardcore, it was great!

1992 said:
Anyone know what LTJ Bukem is up to these days? Also whats going on with atmospheric / oceanic jungle these days? I haven't been listening to it but it seems to me the last gasp of this style was in 1997-8-ish.

This was such a beautiful style of jungle, its a shame if its not happening anymore. The best stuff in this style seems to be in the 93-94 area where you had these amen rollers with euphoric strings / cords with the occasional chipmonk diva thrown in. It was like intelligent happyhardcore, it was great!

bought the odd release on good looking and fokuz over the past while but i haven't really been keeping up on that scene. ltj is coming out to vancouver to play on the 16th with conrad though. with any luck, he'll be cruising up to whistler to play *fingers crossed*

Bukem is still going as a DJ, as is Conrad as an MC. I have heard some not-good things about Good Looking's financial situation, but I know nothing. I think this music style is still out there, and certainly still being played, saw Bukem last year and it was lush tunes, wicked beats and atmosphere, more danceable than some GLO from the late 90s I feel. There are also a bunch of different smaller labels putting it out, minus the chipmunks
Have you listened to any of Bukem's recent (ie this century) mix CD's or are you not feeling it ?

1992 said:

:ditto: (y)

I was just at this record store bout' a month ago. And i found:

AA:.LTJ BUKEM - Cosmic Interlude
A. DOC SCOTT - Tokyo Dawn

LTJ BUKEM
A: Music (favorite Bukem track)
AA: Enchanted
There were 3 copies of this just chillin' in this one crate, but i only picked up 1.
Is this track a hard to find gem? Should I go back and and buy the other 2 and sell em' on eBay?

Last edited:
mesh said:
Bukem is still going as a DJ, as is Conrad as an MC. I have heard some not-good things about Good Looking's financial situation, but I know nothing. I think this music style is still out there, and certainly still being played, saw Bukem last year and it was lush tunes, wicked beats and atmosphere, more danceable than some GLO from the late 90s I feel. There are also a bunch of different smaller labels putting it out, minus the chipmunks
Have you listened to any of Bukem's recent (ie this century) mix CD's or are you not feeling it ?
Well lets see...

(I just went looking all over my room for this CD so I know its name.... and now I found it)

Progression Sessions - LTJ Bukem Featuring MC Conrad - America Live 2001

It has two CDs, one with and one without Conrad's new-age magic crystl lyrics.

All but one of the tracks on here I disliked. The rest was all two step kenny G, smooth jazz FM, listen to this while you ride the elevator, AM easy listening, goes good with luther vandross and whitney huston, drum and bass. It was pretty boring and anti-climatic.

The one track that stood out I loved so much, I bought the record of was Rantoul "Defalt" which was a 1993 inspired hardcore amen roller with a breakdown simmilar to 1996 GLR.

I listened to one of LTJ's newer CDs in the mall and it was worse then this, totaly void of any amens or sampled breaks. Plus it was so Smooth Jazz that even Hurbie Handcock would blush.

After thinking about it, I wouldn't call that stuff Atmospheric Jungle but rather just Smooth Jazz (which in itself is watered down jazz).

Ab0|2Ti0N said:
There were 3 copies of this just chillin' in this one crate, but i only picked up 1.
Is this track a hard to find gem? Should I go back and and buy the other 2 and sell em' on eBay?
I don't know what record you have however I'll just say that the first 5 or 6 good looking records were repressed. I tried to get another repress of 001 but I could never find one. I think mine will eventually ware out on the "couple of beats" side.

1992 said:
I don't know what record you have however I'll just say that the first 5 or 6 good looking records were repressed. I tried to get another repress of 001 but I could never find one. I think mine will eventually ware out on the "couple of beats" side.

Ltj Bukem GLR004
A. Music
AA. Enchanted

I'm not sure if they were represses though...But if they aren't, are they worth copin' them?
The one i have is definitely not this one
s4.jpg

I have a forest green sticker. (y)

The one you posted is a picture of the GLR001 repress. The music one looks identical but instead of the yellow, its dark green.

Pick up more if you think your going to ware it out or if you want to play doubles of it. Otherwise I don't think its worth it.

1992 said:
Progression Sessions - LTJ Bukem Featuring MC Conrad - America Live 2001

It has two CDs, one with and one without Conrad's new-age magic crystl lyrics.

He did one in 2002 called "Progression Sessions Live in Japan"; similar 2CD format, one with, one without MC.

IT's pretty good; funkier and more jazzy than PS 2001. If you like the atmospheric/amen rollers, the final track will make you cream: it's "You make me feel" by Makoto -- that has to be one of my favourite tracks on Good Looking ever.

Back
Top Bottom