Living above a pub?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by GZero, Oct 10, 2009.

1. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

I just managed to sort out what looks like an AWESOME new flat, it's above a pub and the landlord also runs the pub which he just bought. The whole deal looks awesome. I'm well chuffed.

Anyway, the pub has alcohol license to 12 at weekends (not really a problem) which might put some people off. Anybody ever lived above a pub? Anything to watch out for?

I passed my test (fuck u DSA) so with the car and the flat, I'm cleaned out for the month :(

2. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

dont worry about bein skint, rob del terror smells a norm peterson style tab bein opened at your neighbors.

3. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

mate the landlord a great fella, it's a SICK flat an he's doin up up NICE, flatscreens the lot, proper little pad, can ever choose the colours for the walls. i can smoke, it's a rugby type pub, and the guy i'm livin with is the bar manager (so free drinks, bar work if i need it) WHO PLAYS GUITAR. plus they have bands come in on saturday, none of this hiphop bollocksk, rock, blues, funk. SHIT WITH GUITARS BABY.

AND its a brand new owner, reopening with a whole new style so i'm in at the ground floor :p original regular

AND it's in a studenty area and it's a wicked pub, so birds galore AND I LIVE UPSTAIRS.

make no mistake, i'm loving this one.

4. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

PLUS i passed my test, and i got money aside for a car and i NEEDED this place cos i'm getting booted outta here on wednesday cos my landlord's an idiot.

5. Jakue08

Jakue08 Active Member

sounds pretty sweet!

6. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

I lived in a pub for almost 3 years which my mum and stepdad owned, on paper it sounds like the perfect dream as i moved in pretty much on my 18th birthday

As a personal experience it was in general a nightmare, the boozy nights turned into lock in's pretty much 7 days a week and working a normal job and helping in the kitchen when you arrive home, plus the boozy arguments and the drama that the locals inflict on you is immence to the point it was unbearable, in those 3 years i dont think i ever slept a decent night sleep.

But your just living above the pub so there is no tie to the place, have fun by all means but trust me some days you will be wanting to live as far away from a pub as possible.

just a heads up there

7. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

just the advice i was after, thanks

8. rob_del_terror

i've had mates that moved outa blackpool and his family unsuccessfully owned about 4 different pubs, they had lots a sit to say the least.
    i think if your just living above one and you keep your head straight about shit you should be cool.

9. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Sounds like you got it sorted gaff-wise!!

MY only problem would be (as in if I was in your shoes) that I really enjoy going to the pub to have a drink, have some banter and grab a slosher or five............

So maybe actually living there and effectively 'going to the pub everyday' could take the sting out of it abit, if you get what I mean? Make 'going to the pub' abit boring..........

Like if you was Charlie out of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory........surely that boy is sick of Mars Bars these days!!

10. rob_del_terror

at least you wont get complaints about the noise when ya rinsin out junglistic vibrations.

i used to live above a shop. no other adjoining building bar a church.

pa system. full blast. till 7am. no problem.