Live Music Under Attack!

PixieRaver

NEW! The Ecstasy Awareness Act would throw anyone in jail who “profits
monetarily from a rave or similar electronic dance event knowing or having reason to
know” that some people will use drugs. It could become law soon without your help.
NEW! The CLEAN-UP Act makes it a federal crime – punishable by up to nine years
in prison - to promote "any rave, dance, music, or other entertainment event, that
takes place under circumstances where the promoter knows or reasonably ought to
know that a controlled substance will be used or distributed." It could become law
soon without your help.
These proposed laws make criminals out of every concert promoter, nightclub owner,
and stadium or arena owner. The government is making unreasonable demands—
they can’ t even keep drugs out of their own prisons, yet they want to punish
business owners that can’ t keep drugs out of their events. Every musical style could
be affected by these laws, including rock, Hip-Hop, country, and electronic music.
Four Things You Can Do
1. Find out more about the attack on music and dancing at:
www.protectlivemusic.org.
2. Contact Congress. You can fax them for free at:
www.protectlivemusic.org/rave
3. Spread the word by distributing flyers at your events, sending action alerts to
your e-mail lists, and putting our banner ad on your website. (See “What You
Can Do” at www.protectlivemusic.org.)
4. Contribute to Drug Policy Alliance’ s campaign to stop these
bills. You can donate money at: http://www.protectlivemusic.org/donate/
For More Information Contact Bill Piper at 202-216-0035 or bpiper@drugpolicy.org.

They have been talkjing about this one for years, It will never happen dont worry too much (you dont need pills to go to a drum n bass club anyway, hard house though....)

G Martin said:
They have been talkjing about this one for years, It will never happen dont worry too much (you dont need pills to go to a drum n bass club anyway, hard house though....)

good point PixieRaver, you have to sort that shit out.
G Martin I have to say that thinking it will never happen (apathy) has allowed some terrible laws to be passed, here, in UK and certainly the US. Do not be surprised if this law gets up, although it wont affect you or me luckily.

Interesting how when a law threatens LIVE music those people start acting. Same happened in Melbourne with music volume regulations, live music venues took action and all the clubbers kept taking pills and ignoring it. As a result the live venues got some concessions and the dance venues got fuck all.

:piss:

I thought the "Rave Act" law already did this stuff? I remember there was a psudo-rave near me in Morristown 4 or 5 years ago where the cops actually arrested random patrons that were at this event. I thought.....thank god I didn't go to that one.....

yo boss u live in texas right? fuckin hell mate u wanna be careful they dont start pushiung for the death sentence fo club promoters!!! that place is mad! fukin run by a bunch of right wing trigger happy fukwits! no wonder they are pushin for a stupid law like that, although i heard about this ages ago and thought it had already been inforced.

u lot should rise up an' take loadsa pills an' fukin get cracked up and smoke loads of green and then storm the white house and electrocute george dubya just like he has electrocuted loads of people.

to be fare u whole state is fuked and u dont realise how badly until u go to a sane country like holland or uk (hmmm) or somewhere. i would get out of ur state now it can only lead to tears or death by electric chair!!!!

did u know that ur state alone produces more pollution than the whole of europe? and they are worried about a few pills!!!!!! fukin eeeeejits!

DJ Deadly said:
Yeah for real. Reading all that reminds me it aint so bad living in the UK. Fuk livin in the states !!
*ahem* weather.
although I agree about storming the whitehouse stoned ... :chainsaw: havoc!!

lokki said:
yo boss u live in texas right? fuckin hell mate u wanna be careful they dont start pushiung for the death sentence fo club promoters!!! that place is mad! fukin run by a bunch of right wing trigger happy fukwits! no wonder they are pushin for a stupid law like that, although i heard about this ages ago and thought it had already been inforced.

u lot should rise up an' take loadsa pills an' fukin get cracked up and smoke loads of green and then storm the white house and electrocute george dubya just like he has electrocuted loads of people.

to be fare u whole state is fuked and u dont realise how badly until u go to a sane country like holland or uk (hmmm) or somewhere. i would get out of ur state now it can only lead to tears or death by electric chair!!!!

did u know that ur state alone produces more pollution than the whole of europe? and they are worried about a few pills!!!!!! fukin eeeeejits!

Haha too true Lokki! I've only met one texan (shorter than i expected) and he called anyone that complained about pollution a 'damned hippy' and he reckoned New Zealand should bring in the death penalty.

JungleBoBungle said:
Haha too true Lokki! I've only met one texan (shorter than i expected) and he called anyone that complained about pollution a 'damned hippy' and he reckoned New Zealand should bring in the death penalty.

ha ha did he have a cowboy hat and stetsons?

yeeeeeha!

they have no respect and the USA didnt even turn up to the international environmetal meeting thing when they are the biggest polluters!! bloody twats!!!! its all bushes fault..if u have a mad redneck leading a right wing country u got serious problems like stupid drug laws!!!!

and the murder rate is much higher in death penalty states!! explain that!!! it blatantly doesnt work...arrrgh! im stressing out time for some skunk and pills i think.....!!!!

ha ha :evil:

lets keep it tidy hey? I could list many atrocious things the Aus, US and UK administrations have done .. in fact my friends beg me to shut up about it.
One of the sweet things about dnbforum is it is apolitical, and people have respect for that, its heaps better than the ignorant slander that gets posted on DOA from both sides of the political spectrum.
so lets chill out on the general all texans are rednecks trip
just imo

Back
Top Bottom