Live mixing assistance

roshyroovajihi

yo guys,

just joined up to the forum, gained a lot of useful info already!

but i just needed a little help really, I've been doing bedroom mixing on numark n4's for just shy of a year and actually taught myself to mix on 3-4 decks, i bought a pair of CDJ 350's for christmas as i've started playing at some events, but I've noticed when i double drop live on a 10-20k sound system it sounds too hectic.. as in theres too much going on despite it being beat matched.. I've tried equalising to my best.. i mean it could be my song choice?

any ideas?

this mix shows some of the tunes i double drop (if you wanna have a listen an criticise on song choice it would be helpful) : https://soundcloud.com/master-splint3ruk/creature-land-promo

any assistance would be appreciated!

1luv!

only thing i can suggest is working on your EQing more and paying more attention to which tunes blend well together...if you're playing out, and you're not sure if the tune you're about to bring in will work, just cut straight to it.

also, you played creatureland? we got there after the police had already locked it down.

nice one for that bro, looks like i just gotta keep practising and work on my song preparation then!

yeah man, it was out of our control I'm sorry if you spent your new years on a train or worse out in the rain :(

- - - Updated - - -

hahah, its what i mix.. any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom