Live DnB vs. DJ + Producers

Calefaction

What do you guys think is the way of the future?

As an up and coming producer and DJ, the live bands that are doing DnB does sort of frighten me. I think they are great, and as long as there is a co-existence, its wonderful....but the thought of live bands becoming the norm for DnB is tad bit intimidating. Especially since I want to make DnB production something I eventually do for a living.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the live bands to go away...I think its a very cool thing...I just hope their can be a nice co-existence between the live band style, and the DJ + producer.

its all good mate..they can work alongside each other for sure..

on sunday we played at Cargo with 2 other live bands, then Bryan Gee and Mickey Finn finished off the night with DJ sets, the format worked perfectly...it was wicked to have both on the same night cos it never got stale..

:zest:

haven't heard a live dnb act that i've got into in the slightest apart from reprazent back in the old days.
Can't get into the looses timing, lighter beats, less precise arrangement. Maybe the sound guys have just been crap but it never seems to work for me.

there is def. room for both..
infact it is a good thing. people have this funny view (outside the scene) that dnb is all about people putting on records that aren't theirs and thats it... this just gives more depth to the scene and lets peeps see that there is more to dnb than 12"!!
:lickface:

Back
Top Bottom