Live dnb bands what do you think ?

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by bustawidemove, Nov 14, 2006.

1. bustawidemove

bustawidemove New Member

Hi there, with the upsurge in live dnb bands recently and Craggz and parralell's recent live album we're about to launch a live dnb label called Broc'n'roll. We're just trying to find out what people think about this burgenoning new genre ...
    you can have a listen to some of the first tracks to be released at www.myspace.com/nrftwicked let us know what you think.
    :kermit:[​IMG]

2. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

I've only seen Dead Silence Syndicate (deadsilence.co.uk).

(I think they've played @ No Rest)

When I saw them they were absolutely wicked! :slayer:

I think it's all good, and good for the DnB scene.

The only thing is...Cos a live band is necesarily gonna cost more than a comparable DJ with a bag of records (in that bands can only do one set a night, need to sound check, need a van etc). And cos most of the bands aren't that well known it may not be viable for most promotions.

I do think it's hard thing to promote (and respects to NRFTW for doing so...).

It would be a shame if C&P Forces, Pendulum & London Eleccy get all the press.

Everyone should make the effort to check some live DnB.

And Breakneck are hoping to put Dead Silence on at some point 07.

:jazz_band

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  3. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Dead Silence are playing on 1.12.06 at Edge City ( jack Crucifix Lane SE1 3JW) with Technical Itch playing too...saw Epoch Live last night a LOAD Media open evening, and also saw Infinite Breaks' first ever live performance...was allll good !!!
    (y)http://www.deadsilence.co.uk

4. sirGUNZ

sirGUNZ Bassline Buddy

I Like them.. but i dun rele like the sound of pend..

5. mesh

mesh Active Member

Shapeshifter from NZ are also great, havent heard vocals that good from anyone. Big up PDiggs.

I like it as a whole, I can understand why some may not like the Pendu thing, I found the Intro of that Fabric clip to be quite rocky as well (almost RATM), and then it settled down a bit. Plenty of guitar mashing as well, and I understand why people have a reaction against rockstar posing. But I dig it. I dont think there's any real danger of a major dnb swing toward a rock sound, any more than has been in the past, its just another way of doing things.

\Haven't seen LE live yet ...

6. Flatmatt

Flatmatt Member

i haven't seen any of the live stuff yet but it can only be doin good things for the scene. I have heard some of the Jungle Drummer stuff from a few years back and it was totally sick!!

:gslayer: