DnB Little track I made on my vacation trip

So I went to an other city this week to visit a lady friend of mine :)
On the long 2 x 7h bus trips I made this track on my laptop.. Wanted to know what you guys think :

i'm not really satisfied as usual with my tracks I think it lacks of variation... But i'm not sure if I would keep on working on it since it gives me that melancholic post-vacation feeling :p

cheers !

1:31 you should add some notes in a higher octave coming down, real soul like. But I like the song, very calming, very nice production, man. Just work on the variation, and you got a nice track, man!

Cheers mate!

Yeah finding variation is my weakness when it comes to produce a track.. When I find a good part I just cant get off it to find variation.. Plus I'm pretty lazy haha.
oh well I guess it'll come by practice and errors, as always.

thanks for the feedback!

reminds me of flowrian. good tune, just as you said, needs variation. thats something that comes with practice, imagination, but also a little music theory help. i agree with modern tho, try descending arpeggios and the like, just mess around. well, cheers!

reminds me of flowrian. good tune, just as you said, needs variation. thats something that comes with practice, imagination, but also a little music theory help. i agree with modern tho, try descending arpeggios and the like, just mess around. well, cheers!

Wow thanks mate, although i'm faaaaaaar away from Flowrian production skills, I love his tunes.
Yeah variation's a bitch. I think I lack of music theory. I used to take guitar classes I once learned scales and shit. But it was a long time ago so I cant really remember, plus all my classes I had were back in France so I dont have all the sheets here. I definitely need to work on that.

Anyways thanks for the feedback mate !
peace

Cheers mate!

Yeah finding variation is my weakness when it comes to produce a track.. When I find a good part I just cant get off it to find variation.. Plus I'm pretty lazy haha.
oh well I guess it'll come by practice and errors, as always.

thanks for the feedback!

Variation that son of a bitch.
The track is tight. My suggestion is to let your trip be your muse on variation.
1st drop anticipation of your trip. With leads toward the end for break down.
Break down if you got laid and drunk express it some how.
2nd drop put in the euphoria of the trip and let it winde down back into the first.
Hope this helps.

This helps a lot. I think I'm gonna try to learn more music theory in the next few weeks. That way It could help naturally find variations and makes easier for me writing music. Because I have actually all that stuff (get drunk / laid / high / etc). But when it comes to translate that in music it's a bit difficult sometimes.

Haha yeah stoneage, i should do that on the same trip next year maybe?

thanks for the feedback mates i appreciate it a lot !
peace

Back
Top Bottom